Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > General photography discussion

General photography discussion Please look for a specific board to start your thread but if you can't find an appropriate one, post it here.

Old 1 Week Ago

Liked 969 Times in 545 Posts
Re: Police stop & ID in U.K. shopping centres?

That's a good video, thanks.

------------------------------
http://www.microcontrast.com
Too much Oly gear.
Panasonic 12-35, 15. Samyang 7.5 fisheye. Laowa 7.5.
Assorted legacy lenses, plus a Fuji X70.
Old 1 Week Ago

Liked 245 Times in 105 Posts

In Kenya, it is a legal requirement to carry an ID Card at all times, its called a Foreigners Certificate and it looks like a plastic UK driving licence. What I do not like about being stopped by the police is how it quickly degenerates into "have you a little something for me, have you any alcohol or cigarettes?" I wonder if I look the type, who is constantly buzzed up on booze and fags.

I don't drink and I do not smoke. From those who are meant to protect and to serve, the police is disappointing and how that sort of thing gets up my nose. Corruption, through the abuse of stop and check - its not that anything like that would ever happen in the UK.

Phil
https://www.flickr.com/gp/gatekeeperphil/44A3Dc
Old 6 Days Ago

Liked 39 Times in 32 Posts

Hi Mark sorry did not get back to you 46 degrees does not feel quite as hot as it is a dryer heat, and very often get a cooling breeze from the Atlantic ocean.
but cooler in the winter at around 23 to 26 degrees and cooler in the North where most of the wolves are, but you have to be quick to photograph them as they quickly disappear into the woodlands.
Old 6 Days Ago

Liked 914 Times in 595 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
In Kenya, it is a legal requirement to carry an ID Card at all times, its called a Foreigners Certificate and it looks like a plastic UK driving licence. What I do not like about being stopped by the police is how it quickly degenerates into "have you a little something for me, have you any alcohol or cigarettes?" I wonder if I look the type, who is constantly buzzed up on booze and fags.

I don't drink and I do not smoke. From those who are meant to protect and to serve, the police is disappointing and how that sort of thing gets up my nose. Corruption, through the abuse of stop and check - its not that anything like that would ever happen in the UK.
A few years ago my partner had a Kenyan student as a lodger. She was reliant on financial support from the Kenyan government. The U.K. Kenyan Embassy was supposed to regularly send her a cheque, but it was often delayed for several months. When I phoned the embassy I was told that "The cheque's on my desk and I'm signing it now" and "We're men of the World."! The official was obviously paying the money into his account to earn interest, and paying out at the last minute. The student said that corruption was rife in Kenya and that it was "Boy's Town"!

Jim