Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Olympus E-510

Olympus E-510 E-510 specific discussion.

Old 15th February 2008
SonorG

Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts
What would you like to see in a F/W Update

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone had any comments to what they would like to see added to any future firmware updates. Seeing as Olympus may read the forum it could help us

I would like to see the AEB option being able to shoot more than 1 EV either side, for example, 2EV steps atleast

Cheers
Gar
Old 15th February 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: What would you like to see in a F/W Update

Very simple: Focus confirmation in MF for legacy lenses. People seem to think this could be facilitated in firmware as they have for IS.

I agree improving the AEB options would be good too!
Old 15th February 2008
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I would like to see the default noise setting changed, or at least a global option.

I have a confessions to make........I use the auto function for general photos.

Now I donít know if this can be done, but I would like to be able to take 10-20 shots in rapid succession, with the mirror being locked up. This was only the shutter moves. This would be useful for astronomy so I can stack images.

It would also be nice if the camera could take three images, again with the mirror up, and adjust the exposure setting for HDR images.

If possible, I would like to see a percentage of batter life remaining. Sometime when shooting in the cold (below 0C ), batteries do not last very long, so an indication would help.
Old 15th February 2008
Administrator

Liked 504 Times in 278 Posts

[QUOTE=HughofBardfield;7481]Very simple: Focus confirmation in MF for legacy lenses. People seem to think this could be facilitated in firmware as they have for IS.QUOTE]

If they could do that then they may be able to consider a feature I loved on my old Pentax when using MF lenses - Fire in Focus

This was really useful trying to grab shots of moving wildlife - it saved on film which is not now so much of an issue, but also speeded the process up as you could just hold the shutter in and have reasonable confidence that you'd made the shot

Regards
Andy
FL20, FL36 x2 , FL50, cactus slaves etc.
The Boss (Mrs Shenstone) E620, EM10-II, 14-41Ez, 40-150R, 9 cap and whatever she can nick from me when she wants it

My places
http://www.shenstone.me.uk
http://landroverkaty.blogspot.com/
https://vimeo.com/shenstone
http://cardiffnaturalists.org.uk/
Old 15th February 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[QUOTE=shenstone;7484]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HughofBardfield View Post
Very simple: Focus confirmation in MF for legacy lenses. People seem to think this could be facilitated in firmware as they have for IS.QUOTE]

If they could do that then they may be able to consider a feature I loved on my old Pentax when using MF lenses - Fire in Focus

Regards
Andy
The OM30 has a similar feature if you fit the Winder 2 and connect camera and winder using the 'M In Focus' cord.

Richard
Old 15th February 2008

Liked 1,597 Times in 1,018 Posts

It would be handy if you could save your settings in a file on the CF card, so when you do a firmware update you can restore them.

This should be pretty trivial I would think.

Jim Ford
Old 15th February 2008
SonorG

Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

superb replies

I really hope Olympus introduces some of the things in this post. Is there anyway we can make Olympus aware of what we would like to see in future updates?

I'm guessing for most of things we like it to see added wouldn't be too difficult for Oympus to implement?
Old 15th February 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[QUOTE=shenstone;7484]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HughofBardfield View Post
Very simple: Focus confirmation in MF for legacy lenses. People seem to think this could be facilitated in firmware as they have for IS.QUOTE]

This was really useful trying to grab shots of moving wildlife - it saved on film which is not now so much of an issue, but also speeded the process up as you could just hold the shutter in and have reasonable confidence that you'd made the shot

Regards
Andy
Crikey! Not run across that before - that would be a brilliant feature!
Old 15th February 2008
Scapula Memory

To be able to give custom settings proper names rather than just default numbers. That way it would be a clue as to what I saved and for what purpose. Maybe you can on newer cameras?
Old 28th February 2008
250swb

I would like to see the over aggressive camera processing toned down. It is designed for punchy amateur pictures, but not the best quality that the camera can achieve. So all the sliders for sharpness, contrast etc and options for Noise reduction etc all had a legitimate place set in the centre position, rather than often needing to be turned down or Off for quality photo's.