Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Micro Four Thirds > Olympus OM-D E-M10

Olympus OM-D E-M10 The smallest and lightest Micro Four Thirds camera from Olympus with an integrated Electronic Viewfinder

Old 18th February 2016

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Time change after WiFi connection to iPad

I have just noticed that when I connect my EM-10 via WiFi to my iPad and transfer images, the time on the camera is reset to be the same as that on the iPad. On a recent trip to Panama I wound back the time on the EM-10 by 5 hours but left my iPad on UK time. After connecting to the iPad and downloading jpg copies of my first day's photos the EM-10 reverted to the UK time on the iPad. Needless to say all subsequent photos received the wrong time stamp. Whilst it can be corrected in Lightroom it is very irritating. The same thing happens when I connect to my Android Phone so I assume it is an Olympus problem. Has anyone else experienced this effect?
Old 18th February 2016

Liked 18 Times in 17 Posts
Re: Time change after WiFi connection to iPad

Do you have Geo-Tagging or Image Tracking enabled?
This will (and needs to) synchronize the date/time.

I always keep my Camera on UK time.

Dave
Old 18th February 2016

Liked 430 Times in 198 Posts

Are you using Oi-Share to transfer the images to your iPad & Phone?
It is my understanding - but at present I can't find the reference to it - that this WiFi connection automatically syncs your camera's time & date setting to that of the phone/tablet when the connection starts.

In some circumstances this 'feature' can be very useful, because the camera clock is rather inaccurate, and if you habitually Geotag your images having an accurate timestamp in the EXIF (without having to repeatedly manually correct the camera's setting) is handy.
Old 18th February 2016

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steambuff View Post
Do you have Geo-Tagging or Image Tracking enabled?
This will (and needs to) synchronize the date/time.

I always keep my Camera on UK time.

Dave
No I don't use it.
Old 18th February 2016

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwyver View Post
Are you using Oi-Share to transfer the images to your iPad & Phone?
It is my understanding - but at present I can't find the reference to it - that this WiFi connection automatically syncs your camera's time & date setting to that of the phone/tablet when the connection starts.

In some circumstances this 'feature' can be very useful, because the camera clock is rather inaccurate, and if you habitually Geotag your images having an accurate timestamp in the EXIF (without having to repeatedly manually correct the camera's setting) is handy.
Yes I am using OI Share. I like to use local time because it's the date I'm most interested in and not using local time usually results in photos take on the same day spread between two days. I'm sure you are right about the cause.

Tags
em-10, ipad, time, wifi