Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Micro Four Thirds > Olympus OM-D E-M1

Olympus OM-D E-M1 The first Micro Four Thirds camera that offers phase detect focusing so you can use Four Thirds DSLR lenses normally as well a Micro Four Thirds lenses.

Old 2nd September 2015

Liked 53 Times in 34 Posts
New E-M1 user

I've just taken advantage of the August sales incentives to trade in my E-M5, LD6 grip & 12-50mm lens for an E-M1 body. (I'd had my E-M5 since they were first released, and so got the invaluable HLD6 grip as a freeby from Olympus to go with it.)

But with the August 150 P/X bonus plus a free HLD7 grip from Olympus I've finally jumped over to the E-M1. First impressions are that it feels just like the E-M5 with its grip - but without the annoying need to remove the grip every time the battery needed charging! The buttons on the back are larger and easier to operate too.

I'd left it a bit late to get my old kit valued by post and credited to my account before I bought the new body, but WEX agreed they'd put the credit back into my credit card account if I paid for the body upfront, and also to honour the Olympus 150 P/X bonus. It's all gone through now, and WEX even paid me an extra 20 because they felt my E-M5 was in better condition than I'd said!

Now I'm reading through Darrell Young's excellent guide to the E-M1 and setting it up as I want it, with Olympus promising that the free HLD7 grip should be with me in 30 days.

Chris

Black OM-D E-M1 MkII, Silver PEN-F, Black Lumix GX7, and too many lenses!
Old 2nd September 2015
Administrator

Liked 1,568 Times in 900 Posts
Re: New E-M1 user

I use the grip all the time and only have a battery in that. Works well in the way I use the system.

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...
Old 2nd September 2015

Liked 61 Times in 38 Posts

Welcome to the club, initially I found the EM1 a little big compared to my EM10 and preferred the smaller camera, then slowly but surely I now more or less only use the EM1 unless I want really small and light.
Old 3rd September 2015

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Welcome, at time you'll hate it but overall im sure you'll love it