Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > For sale or wanted small ads

For sale or wanted small ads Advertise items you no longer need, as well as interest in items you are looking for. Non-commercial small-ads only. Buyers please take maximum precautions as we can offer no protection from fraudsters.

Old 13th June 2015

Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
Olympus OM Zuiko 100mm F2 (not 2.8!) ultra rare.

£550 plus RMSD + buyer pays the paypal fees please or bank transfer or (always best!) cash on collection from my house in Buckhurst Hill which is on a tube line and close to J25/26 of the M25.

Recently bought from SimonBee on here. This amazing lens is in excellent condition and has benefitted from a recent CLA service at Luton Cameras and has hardly been used since. A copy of the service receipt is included and Luton Cameras guarantee their work.

Almost unused save for a few shots in the house since buying this amazing lens from Simon its' condition is in the same excellent condition as when I first bought it. As mentioned in Simon's description the built in sliding lens hood is loose as often happens with Zuiko lenses with built-in metal hoods but a carefully placed bit of electrical / insulating tape around the barrel restores the resistance needed to hold it in place whilst still allowing it to slide into place nicely.

The lens comes with a 55mm pinch cap, JJC LH-J61F metal Lens Hood which fits perfectly and is also the lens hood made for the Olympus 75mm F1.8 Micro Four Thirds lens. Also comes in Olympus lens pouch.

So why sell this legend of a lens? (And it is a legend if you do some Googling about this great lens that features ED elements). The sad fact is I haven't used it and am unlikely probably to really get any use out of it. I also have an 85mm F2, 100mm F2.8 (may sell that) and a Nikon 105mm F2.5 which are more sensible (less valuable) for me to keep at the moment.

In all honesty Simon was selling an OM-4Ti which is a camera I have been looking for for a long time since swapping mine about 15 years ago and I bought up a few other choice lenses at the time (I'm keeping the 50mm F1.2...)

I also had great intentions of building a Sony A7 based system using Olympus legacy lenses but have gone a bit cold on that idea for a while due to not really having the spare cash and the fact that the A7 II I bought arrived DOA which didn't inspire me so back that went!

Anyway it's here for anyone that wants to make use of it, especially shooting amazing portraits.

Pics: oly100e by Malc May, on Flickr

oly100d by Malc May, on Flickr

oly100b by Malc May, on Flickr

oly100a by Malc May, on Flickr

oly100c by Malc May, on Flickr

Mal.

Last edited by mm500; 13th June 2015 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Blanked out any personal details on receipt
Old 16th June 2015

Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
Re: Olympus OM Zuiko 100mm F2 (not 2.8!) ultra rare.

Bump for this amazing lens. Probably the best OM portrait lens ever and actually more versatile now as it can be used with so many SLR and mirrorless systems....

Micro 4/3rds users: how about this ultra-sharp 200mm F2 equivalent!
Old 16th June 2015

Liked 71 Times in 32 Posts
Re: Olympus OM Zuiko 100mm F2 (not 2.8!) ultra rare.

Hugely tempting, I've wanted one since they were announced, but I've already got the 90mm f/2 Macro which is very close in performance from what I've read. I also spent far too much money on a big lens earlier in the year so SWMBO would probably kick me out of front door if I bit

I hope you find someone on the forum to give a good home to the 100mm - from my experience with the 90mm I know it is a gem

Cheers,

JohnGG