Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Accessory talk > Flash

Flash FL-related discussions can be found here.

Old 22nd June 2011
E-3 Enthusiast....:)

Liked 30 Times in 19 Posts
Strange issue with my FL-50

Oh dear me... it seems I am having a run of bad luck with my camera kit of late. First my E-3 developed a fault (now resolved... well, sort of), and then I spotted a focus issue with my 7-14mm lens which I believe will have to go in to Oly for repair. And yesterday I spotted an issue with my Oly FL-50 flash.

I was asked by a work friend to take a mugshot of him for an upcoming conference where some promotional staff material is being printed and put on the web. I brought the FL-50 and the Oly 50mm to get that professional looking corporate portrait shot with natural light coming in from the window, and a small amount of fill in flash from the FL-50. I set everything up (in manual mode) with the flash on a stand, but... alas... the flash wouldn't fire at all. I pressed the test button and it went off, and I could see all the controls on the screen, all the buttons worked and modes were selectable - except the darned green 'good to go' light was just not coming on. I assumed a battery issue, and asked my mate if I could do the shot today.

When I got home, I charged up the batteries but nada... no green light on the FL-50. So, I took the shot with my Yonguo which came out OK.

So... unless anyone has any ideas as to what I could try, it looks as though my FL-50 will be back to Oly for repair soon too!

Sheesh... what next.

Old 22nd June 2011

Liked 62 Times in 33 Posts
Re: Strange issue with my FL-50

Wel the saying is they come in 3's

OM-D E-M5 mk2, m12-40mm f2.8, m25mm f1.8, m45mm f1.8, m60mm f2.8 Macro, M14‑150mm 1:4-5.6 II, M75-300mm MK2, Samyang 7.5mm f/3.5 fisheye
Old 22nd June 2011
E-3 Enthusiast....:)

Liked 30 Times in 19 Posts
Re: Strange issue with my FL-50

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Technician View Post
Wel the saying is they come in 3's
Indeed it is, indeed it is, indeed it is

Doesn't help matters though when I am trying to figure out a way to obtain an E-5...

Ho hum.