Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Nostalgia Nexus - early and pre-digital discussion

Nostalgia Nexus - early and pre-digital discussion Want to discuss the really early days of digital and even film - here is the place for you.

Old 3rd April 2013
Kiwi Paul

A forum post in 20 years time

I can imagine this thread topic in 20 years time, someone posting about "The good ole days of m4/3 and 4/3"

A 2033 post.....

Back in my day we had these things called cameras, they only had 16Mp and were very limited in that they only went to about 24000 ISO and a measly 1/4000 sec shutter speed, they had lenses which you had to swap for different focal lengths, not like the new wang fangled things called "cameras" these days with 1 million ISO, 1/500000 sec shutter speeds, 50 stops dynamic range and 500 shots/sec with the single f0.5 fixed lens (because when you have 500000Mp to use you just crop to get the shot you want).

We had to deal with this thing called "noise", all you young whipper snappers won't even know what that is, you have it easy these days.
We didn't have any fully automatic scene recognition or automatic composition function in our cameras, yes that's right "WE" had to decide the composition, imagine that now!!

But we were happy back then, no one ever complained that the cameras didn't have enough dynamic range, or were too noisy at high ISO, the ergonomics were perfect for everyone and no one every upgraded to the latest model just for the sake of it unless they really had to because the old camera was worn out.
You young whipper snappers just don't know how easy you have these days.

Gramps.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Imageryone (18th April 2013), Paul19 (10th April 2013), snaarman (3rd April 2013)