Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > The lounge

The lounge Relax, take a break from photo and camera talk - have a chat about something else for a change. Just keep it clean and polite!

Old 24th September 2011

Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,112 Posts
Liked 522 Times in 392 Posts
Travelling Photographic Equipment

There was a thread and Zuiko was interested in "other than rucksacks". We did not enjoy the back ache and should pain from the weight - and it takes quite a while to get the rucksack off, especially if over a jacket ! and then you have to find a place to put it down and open it ... usually wet/muddy ... so here are a few ideas ..

Nicks old Golf Trolley - sorry tiny photos resized for something else! You can see that the case has "egg box foam" in top and bottom the "equipment" may be squeezed between this foam and safely transported.

The Golf trolley wheels are held apart by two rods sprung out - these rods maybe removed to keep the wheels close together for narrow paths.

Nick made this converted Golf trolley for his Rifles as there were miles to walk at some competitions !

My own Trolley - has Barbie Wheels from a broken dolls pram - because they firm padded foam and afford a degree of suspension . This is the original - a 5 case from a car boot sale ! and the "wheels and chassis" from a broken suitcase.

I pack my lenses in their Foam padded Lens cases - tightly secured by the internal sections.

There are feet at the bottom end so the case can stand up alone!

and Nicks has recently added straps on the front for Tripod & monopod and a Brolly

and the most recent upgrade - the corners !

If anyone is really interested and want decent size images let me know and I shall re take a set.

I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album
Old 24th September 2011

Liked 28 Times in 21 Posts
Re: Travelling Photographic Equipment

My father in law shoots and had teh same issue trudging to the range.

We came up with a similar solution except using a hil billy motorised golf trolly, even easier!
Old 24th September 2011
Administrator

Thanked 2,991 Times in 2,327 Posts
Liked 4,025 Times in 1,903 Posts

Thanks Chevvy, some interesting and really good ideas there.

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
Old 24th September 2011

Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,112 Posts
Liked 522 Times in 392 Posts

Sponner, yes motorized is great BUT the weight and size for the boot and these are used mainly for walking about cross country about Nature Reserves and uneven terrain and have to be carried/lifted occasionaly

John, Council Recycling Centres are as good as Car Boots ! also I have to remember to swap arms iro of pulling my trolley - so as not to get uneven stiffness in muscles ... I did think of using a belt attached to the handle "donkey" like pulling ...
I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album