Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Foto Fair

Foto Fair Post your photos for friendly, non-critical feedback. This is the place to show pictures if you aren't yet ready for full-blooded critique, or simply want to share an interesting picture with other e-group visitors.

Old 19th February 2019

Liked 579 Times in 203 Posts
Re: "That back-to-front lens hood" - Post yours here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phill D View Post
Graphite sounds a good idea the fit on the 12-100 is really tight I'll give that a try Ross thanks. Should help on the few days we do actually get bright sunshine
An HB pencil worked a treat on my '40-150' plastic fantastic hood.
Old 19th February 2019

Liked 145 Times in 99 Posts

I tend to keep hoods on backwards unless flare is a problem. Feels a bit ostentatious and unnecessary to fit it when not needed.
Old 19th February 2019

Liked 115 Times in 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobEW View Post
I tend to keep hoods on backwards unless flare is a problem. Feels a bit ostentatious and unnecessary to fit it when not needed.
I change lenses a fair bit so will also tend not to bother using a hood if the local lighting doesn't make it necessary.

Most of the lenses in the bag with my NEX6, which gets used most at the moment, are without hoods. I have an ancient 'Handcross' clip on hood that fits many of these, but doesn't on the Olympus 15mm BCL so that has to live without a hood whatever the light. (This BCL does vignette on APSC unlike several of my other MFT lenses - I really ought to move it to the MFT bag)

The handcross clips onto lenses from 15mm diameter up to 38mm, which is ideal for the likes of the industars & c-mount lenses. It probably doesn't give much physical protection to the lens but does help considerably with flare.
Old 19th February 2019

Liked 1,454 Times in 928 Posts

I always use a lens hood in order to prevent degradation of an image by incident light on the front element and flare.

Jim
The Following User Liked This Post:
Ross the fiddler (19th February 2019)