Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference

Camera conference General and model-specific E-System camera chat.

Old 15th October 2009
Xpres

Body comparisons....

Camera bodies that is of course.

Has anyone ever compared a series of 4/3 bodies in terms of the image they produce with the same lens and subject? And I mean a print not pixel peeping on a monitor.

I haven't found anything yet.... so, if it hasn't been done before, I'll have a go with the cameras I have. E1 E330 E420 E520 L10.

One could have a pretty good guess at the results but I've a feeling there might be some surprises.
Old 15th October 2009

Liked 399 Times in 183 Posts
Re: Body comparisons....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpres View Post
Camera bodies that is of course.

Has anyone ever compared a series of 4/3 bodies in terms of the image they produce with the same lens and subject? And I mean a print not pixel peeping on a monitor.

I haven't found anything yet.... so, if it hasn't been done before, I'll have a go with the cameras I have. E1 E330 E420 E520 L10.

One could have a pretty good guess at the results but I've a feeling there might be some surprises.
Have you looked at John Foster's (biofos) website?
http://www.biofos.com/esystem/index.html

His body & lens reviews use the same location and set-up.
Old 15th October 2009
Xpres

Re: Body comparisons....

Yes, very extensive tests and a good site. But doesn't really do what I outlined above.