Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Accessory talk > Flash

Flash FL-related discussions can be found here.

Old 17th December 2009
geirsan

FL-36 and E3 flash cable

I've got an E3, one FL-36 and one FL-36R. I want to use both flashes off camera, but need some kind of remote cable to connect the FL-36 to my E3. I must be me, but I can't find any suitable cable from looking through the Olympus site. What cable can I use to connect the FL36 to the flash socket? It mustn't cost too much.
Old 17th December 2009

Liked 53 Times in 42 Posts
Re: FL-36 and E3 flash cable

the only way to use them both off camera is to use the normal flash to hot shoe cable to connect the FL36 and then use the FL36R in slave mode - the same as if you put the 36 in the hot shoe and the 36R remotely in slave but with a metre of distance...

cable is either a Canon off shoe flash cord 2 or the Olympus one - can't remember the number
Old 17th December 2009
E-3 Enthusiast....:)

Liked 30 Times in 19 Posts

Grab a Canon one... hey work on the E3 too. I have one and it's perfect. It attaches to the flash and E-3, and allows me to hold my FL50 off camera. I can't remember the site I got it from, but it was on eBay.

Old 17th December 2009
EH1

Olympus FL-CB05 is the cable you need.
Old 17th December 2009

Liked 76 Times in 23 Posts

You can find olympus clone / copy cables on ebay quite cheap and work just as good as the orginal

Wedding Photography Wales | Commercial Photography | Party Photographer Cardiff | Cheap Business Cards | Photoshop Training Cardiff
Old 17th December 2009
geirsan

Well, seems like the FL-CB05 is the one I'm looking for, but I would like to know the makes of the alternatives mentioned here. I don't dare buying something I don't know what is, so if anyone here knows the name of the Canon cable I'd appreciate it just to have an alternative to the FL-CB05.
Old 18th December 2009

Liked 53 Times in 42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by geirsan View Post
Well, seems like the FL-CB05 is the one I'm looking for, but I would like to know the makes of the alternatives mentioned here. I don't dare buying something I don't know what is, so if anyone here knows the name of the Canon cable I'd appreciate it just to have an alternative to the FL-CB05.
it's the

"off shoe flash cord 2"

or similar wording
Old 18th December 2009

Liked 76 Times in 23 Posts

I think the original cost me 40 but I did find out after that there are clone versions available for around 12 - 18, like here

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Off-Camera-Sho...item45ef83ba57

On another point does anyone know if I can use the FL-36R as a slave, what I would like to do is position the flash behind someone for backlighting and use the popup flash for fill in at the front and trigger the FL-36 at the same time

I know I can do it wireless, but I dont get enough light from the pop up for the front as its only acting as a transmitter

Wedding Photography Wales | Commercial Photography | Party Photographer Cardiff | Cheap Business Cards | Photoshop Training Cardiff