Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Accessory talk

Accessory talk Those important extra system components.

Old 12th April 2018

Liked 94 Times in 31 Posts
USB Cable

Anyone know where I can source an original Olympus USB cable for my E-M10 II, or does anyone have one they'd like to sell me?

It's the one and only thing I can never find when I need it! Bought one from eBay, but needless to say it doesn't work (very loose in the camera socket and rattles around/falls out) and is on it's way back to the seller.......

EDIT: OK, cancel that. After locating the pristine box for the camera, the original USB cable is in threre in it's original sealed polythene bag! It works fine as well. Does updating the firmware wipe out MYSETS? If so, I need to get filling in a spreadsheet first......
Old 16th April 2018

Liked 463 Times in 161 Posts
Re: USB Cable

Very handy site, just for info........http://www.lutoncameras.co.uk
The Following User Says Thank You to Dave in Wales For This Useful Post:
DekHog (16th April 2018)
Old 16th April 2018

Liked 2,149 Times in 1,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekHog View Post
Anyone know where I can source an original Olympus USB cable for my E-M10 II, or does anyone have one they'd like to sell me?

It's the one and only thing I can never find when I need it! Bought one from eBay, but needless to say it doesn't work (very loose in the camera socket and rattles around/falls out) and is on it's way back to the seller.......

EDIT: OK, cancel that. After locating the pristine box for the camera, the original USB cable is in threre in it's original sealed polythene bag! It works fine as well. Does updating the firmware wipe out MYSETS? If so, I need to get filling in a spreadsheet first......
When you use the Olympus Udater Programme, you have an option to save all of your settings. And to re-load them.

Updating firmware usually does that for you anyway. I say usually because there was an update that did not. Back up anyway is my advice, as said there is an option there........

My Flickr
The Following User Says Thank You to MJ224 For This Useful Post:
DekHog (16th April 2018)
Old 16th April 2018

Liked 94 Times in 31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ224 View Post
When you use the Olympus Udater Programme, you have an option to save all of your settings. And to re-load them.

Updating firmware usually does that for you anyway. I say usually because there was an update that did not. Back up anyway is my advice, as said there is an option there........
I don't think the backup option applies to the E-M10 II but will check tonight. Thanks.
Old 16th April 2018

Liked 2,149 Times in 1,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekHog View Post
I don't think the backup option applies to the E-M10 II but will check tonight. Thanks.
Used it with my old Em10, but its the Updater programme that does the biz.......

My Flickr