Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > The lounge

The lounge Relax, take a break from photo and camera talk - have a chat about something else for a change. Just keep it clean and polite!

Old 18th March 2018

Thanked 1,287 Times in 1,248 Posts
Liked 2,632 Times in 1,309 Posts
St Patrick's Day

An Irishman walks into a bar in Dublin, orders three pints of Guinness and sits in the back of the room, drinking a sip out of each one in turn. When he finished all three, he comes back to the bar and orders three more.

The bartender says to him, ‘You know, a pint goes flat after I draw it; it would taste better if you bought one at a time.’ The Irishman replies, ‘Well, you see, I have two brothers. One is in America, the other in Australia, and I’m here in Dublin. When we all left home, we promised that we’d drink this way to remember the days we all drank together.

‘The bartender admits that this is a nice custom, and leaves it there. The Irishman becomes a regular in the bar and always drinks the same way: he orders three pints and drinks the three pints by taking drinks from each of them in turn.

One day, he comes in and orders two pints. All the other regulars in the bar notice and fall silent. When he comes back to the bar for the second round, the bartender says, ‘I don’t want to intrude on your grief, but I wanted to offer my condolences on your great loss.’

The Irishman looks confused for a moment, then a lights dawns in his eye and he laughs. ‘Oh, no, ‘ he says, ‘Everyone is fine. I’ve just quit drinking!

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us. ~ Calvin-
The Following Users Liked This Post:
Harold Gough (18th March 2018), MJ224 (18th March 2018), Naughty Nigel (18th March 2018), OM USer (18th March 2018), Shaw (18th March 2018)
Old 18th March 2018

Thanked 1,115 Times in 993 Posts
Liked 1,124 Times in 738 Posts
Re: St Patrick's Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandora View Post
An Irishman walks into a bar in Dublin, orders three pints of Guinness and sits in the back of the room, drinking a sip out of each one in turn. When he finished all three, he comes back to the bar and orders three more.

The bartender says to him, ‘You know, a pint goes flat after I draw it; it would taste better if you bought one at a time.’ The Irishman replies, ‘Well, you see, I have two brothers. One is in America, the other in Australia, and I’m here in Dublin. When we all left home, we promised that we’d drink this way to remember the days we all drank together.

‘The bartender admits that this is a nice custom, and leaves it there. The Irishman becomes a regular in the bar and always drinks the same way: he orders three pints and drinks the three pints by taking drinks from each of them in turn.

One day, he comes in and orders two pints. All the other regulars in the bar notice and fall silent. When he comes back to the bar for the second round, the bartender says, ‘I don’t want to intrude on your grief, but I wanted to offer my condolences on your great loss.’

The Irishman looks confused for a moment, then a lights dawns in his eye and he laughs. ‘Oh, no, ‘ he says, ‘Everyone is fine. I’ve just quit drinking!
Careful. Sorry to hear you will not be joining us in the land of the Grand Slam.
Will keep the file I was making in case things change.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

What if the Hokey Cokey is what its all about?
Old 18th March 2018

Sorry Ed. The big turnoff being that car rentals don't accept over 75 yr old drivers. My daughter would therefore have had to do all the driving and she is not a confident driver. Sightseeing in Vietnam is cheap and getting about is by chauffer driven scooters, rickshaws and buses.

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us. ~ Calvin-
Old 18th March 2018

Quote:
Sorry Ed. The big turnoff being that car rentals don't accept over 75 yr old drivers. My daughter would therefore have had to do all the driving and she is not a confident driver. Sightseeing in Vietnam is cheap and getting about is by chauffer driven scooters, rickshaws and buses.
Yes I contacted a few car rental companies with the same result. Pity would have loved to have met up.
Enjoy Vietnam.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wee man For This Useful Post:
pandora (19th March 2018)
Old 19th March 2018

Ed, Many thanks, I appreciate the time you've spent gathering information on our behalf, and sorry that we had to cancel our visit to Ireland to which we have a family connection. I trust you had a joyous St Patrick's day and did not over indulge in the Guiness. *Chr

Old 20th March 2018

Quote:
Ed, Many thanks, I appreciate the time you've spent gathering information on our behalf, and sorry that we had to cancel our visit to Ireland to which we have a family connection. I trust you had a joyous St Patrick's day and did not over indulge in the Guiness. *Chr
Thanks I am one of the Irishmen who do not like the black stuff!

The Following User Liked This Post:
pandora (4 Weeks Ago)