Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Micro Four Thirds > Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II

Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II The second Micro Four Thirds camera that offers phase detect focusing so you can use Four Thirds DSLR lenses normally as well a Micro Four Thirds lenses.

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Thanked 1,092 Times in 861 Posts
Liked 1,253 Times in 772 Posts
Re: Rubber grip falling off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham_of_Rainham View Post
Repaired my sons X-Box controller grip with Locktite Superglue.

Evo Stick was too thick, superglue works well on very smooth surfaces and "zero" gap.
Loctite also make Power Flex which is a gel superglue, but with a some flexibility.
Lenses: M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens with MC-14, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, ZD12-60 SWD, ZD50-200 SWD, EC14, EC20, EX25, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Liked 732 Times in 302 Posts

Just spoken to a nice person in the Czech Republic, who tells me they're awaiting spare parts...

The grip being loose had exposed some inner workings via a joint in the chassis, so maybe some water has got inside or there's just so many grips falling off they've run out!

She's getting a full report from the maintenance people in Portugal to find out...

Some Olympus stuff
I didn't get where I am today...
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Liked 49 Times in 21 Posts
Send a message via MSN to griffljg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross the fiddler View Post
Loctite also make Power Flex which is a gel superglue, but with a some flexibility.
I have used Loctite Power Flex on the rubber grips of all my Olympus cameras except for the E-M1 II, which hasn't come loose yet.

It works well. - Very much better than the stuff Olympus used when I sent my E-M1 back for a warranty repair of one of the strap lugs and mentioned that the rubber grip was also in need of a bit of re-glueing.

Cameras: Olympus OM-D E-M1 II, Olympus OM-D E-M1, Olympus XZ-2 | Flash: Olympus FL-50R
Lenses: Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-100mm f/4.0 IS PRO, Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 14-150mm f4.0-5.6 II, Olympus MMF-3 adaptor, Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm f2.8-4.0 SWD, Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-45mm 1:3.5-5.6, Olympus Zuiko Digital 40-150mm 1:3.5-4.5, Olympus Zuiko Digital 70-300mm 1:4-5.6, Sigma 50-500mm F4-6.3 APO DG
The Following User Says Thank You to griffljg For This Useful Post:
Ross the fiddler (2 Weeks Ago)
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Liked 955 Times in 259 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walti View Post
Just spoken to a nice person in the Czech Republic, who tells me they're awaiting spare parts...

The grip being loose had exposed some inner workings via a joint in the chassis, so maybe some water has got inside or there's just so many grips falling off they've run out!

She's getting a full report from the maintenance people in Portugal to find out...

Sorry to hear this Walti.

Have you returned yours to Olympus for repair? If so, please let us know how long it takes from sending the camera out until its returned.

Dave
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavyG View Post
Sorry to hear this Walti.

Have you returned yours to Olympus for repair? If so, please let us know how long it takes from sending the camera out until its returned.

Dave
Yes I've sent it to Olympus for a warranty repair... (expecting a 14 day turnaround)

Left here by RM Special Delivery Wednesday last week to their place in Nottingham, (11.50 insured) arrived Portugal for first thing Monday, was originally told it'd be a 5 day turnaround in Portugal, so I was expecting it to be shipped today/Monday... watch this space!

Disappointed that I got NO notification at all that they'd received it, nor any answers to the couple of emails I'd sent, so I'd recommend phoning if you need to get in touch! I was beginning to worry that it'd not arrived. (especially as I'd lost the tracking number!)

Some Olympus stuff
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffljg View Post
I have used Loctite Power Flex on the rubber grips of all my Olympus cameras except for the E-M1 II, which hasn't come loose yet.

It works well. - Very much better than the stuff Olympus used when I sent my E-M1 back for a warranty repair of one of the strap lugs and mentioned that the rubber grip was also in need of a bit of re-glueing.
Thanks. I'll test it out on my HLD-6 (E-M5 grip) then as it is just slightly lifting. I will probably apply a little at a time on the end of a tooth pick or scalpel blade though.

Lenses: M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens with MC-14, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, ZD12-60 SWD, ZD50-200 SWD, EC14, EC20, EX25, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Yes I've sent it to Olympus for a warranty repair... (expecting a 14 day turnaround)

Left here by RM Special Delivery Wednesday last week to their place in Nottingham, (11.50 insured) arrived Portugal for first thing Monday, was originally told it'd be a 5 day turnaround in Portugal, so I was expecting it to be shipped today/Monday... watch this space!

Disappointed that I got NO notification at all that they'd received it, nor any answers to the couple of emails I'd sent, so I'd recommend phoning if you need to get in touch! I was beginning to worry that it'd not arrived. (especially as I'd lost the tracking number!)
Oh well.... Two weeks and counting, last response was it was due to be completed this week, but nothing since, have chased them a couple of times with no response! A bit disappointing

Really missing it and have found that there's enough difference between the MK1 and MKii that I'm not enjoying using the MKi

Some Olympus stuff
Old 1 Week Ago

Liked 486 Times in 277 Posts

You should have glued it back on yourself !! Now you've got "withdrawal symptoms" and going "cold turkey" without it !

John
MJ224 (1 Week Ago)
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnheatingman View Post
You should have glued it back on yourself !! Now you've got "withdrawal symptoms" and going "cold turkey" without it !

John
The reason I didn't was that I'd been using out in the rain without realising the grip was loose, when I found it there was a big joint in the camera frame exposed which may (or may not) have let water into the innermost workings of the camera, so as it was under warranty - off it went.

But you're right, quite sad without it

Some Olympus stuff
Old 1 Week Ago

Liked 49 Times in 21 Posts
Send a message via MSN to griffljg

Quote:

I sent my EM-1 II to Sydney for a warranty repair when the off/on switch got a bit sticky and got it back a month later. Fortunately I still had the EM-1 (Mk I) for company while I waited.

Cameras: Olympus OM-D E-M1 II, Olympus OM-D E-M1, Olympus XZ-2 | Flash: Olympus FL-50R
Lenses: Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-100mm f/4.0 IS PRO, Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 14-150mm f4.0-5.6 II, Olympus MMF-3 adaptor, Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm f2.8-4.0 SWD, Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-45mm 1:3.5-5.6, Olympus Zuiko Digital 40-150mm 1:3.5-4.5, Olympus Zuiko Digital 70-300mm 1:4-5.6, Sigma 50-500mm F4-6.3 APO DG
Old 1 Week Ago

Liked 536 Times in 286 Posts

A month is a long time for a repair.....

Hope you let them know your views about that..

My Flickr
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffljg View Post
I sent my EM-1 II to Sydney for a warranty repair when the off/on switch got a bit sticky and got it back a month later. Fortunately I still had the EM-1 (Mk I) for company while I waited.
Normally it's a week turnaround, but if they don't have the item in stock it may take longer. I took the E-M5 (an hours drive) down near the end of the warranty period for the cracked bezel repair (had just bought the E-M1) & they posted it back a week later. Hopefully I don't need to use them for any repairs (except the 12-60 SWD lens I intend to take shortly), because I'd rather nothing broke.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
The reason I didn't was that I'd been using out in the rain without realising the grip was loose, when I found it there was a big joint in the camera frame exposed which may (or may not) have let water into the innermost workings of the camera, so as it was under warranty - off it went.

But you're right, quite sad without it
I feel your pain (I think). Hopefully it will come back as good (or better) as new. Could the delay be because there was some ingress of water?
Old 1 Week Ago

It's back!

Got a mail yesterday saying the parts had arrived and the repair would be started today.

I will be advised of the tracking number when it is despatched.

Doorbell just rang and there's Mr DHL with a parcel!

All new grips fitted and they are different to the old ones as there's no longer a slight lip all around them! I guess the old ones were either different or incorrectly fitted!

Will take it out later and get familiar with it again - as I've been using the MKi for a few days!

EDIT: re-loading all the settings was nice and painless - apart from the C1, C2, C3 where I had to manually set and re-save the shutter and aperture settings I wanted and the time and date needed re-setting. (I wonder why they don't take them off the computer as part of the upload - like they do if you use the iPhone app?)

Some Olympus stuff
The Following Users Liked This Post:
DavyG (9 Hours Ago), MJ224 (1 Week Ago)