Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Micro Four Thirds > Olympus Pen E-PL1

Olympus Pen E-PL1 The, even smaller, more affordable and easier to use Pen from Olympus.

Old 29th April 2013

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
WIFI SD cards

Has anyone tried in the epl-1 I go camping alot and like the idea of viewing on ipad or kindle rather than waiting to get home . Impatient I know but like the idea
Old 3rd May 2013
Administrator

Liked 1,421 Times in 821 Posts
Re: WIFI SD cards

http://www.toshiba-components.com/FlashAir/faq.html#3

Quote:
The FlashAir™ SD Card will create a Wireless LAN (WLAN) Access Point (AP). Any other device which has a WLAN function (e.g. PC, Tablet, Smartphone) can connect to this AP and create a direct communication channel to the FlashAir™ SD Card inside the camera. There is no need to remove the card or to plug a cable into the camera. FlashAir™ includes a HTML Server function which allows easy access to all data stored on the card by simply using any kind of browser on the remote Host (e.g. PC, Tablet, Smartphone). Now you can see all pictures or movies taken by the camera inside the browser window. You may decide to store a local copy of the files to the remote Host.

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...
The Following User Liked This Post:
OXO (19th March 2014)
Old 11th November 2013

Liked 151 Times in 105 Posts
Re: WIFI SD cards

I use both Flashair and Eye-Fi, and the Eye-Fi wins it for me hands down. The cameras with Eye-Fi cards automatically send each new photo to my Nexus, so I can see the 7" image within seconds of taking them without any additional work by me. The Flashair requires you launch the app on the Nexus and connect to download whatever is new on the card.

Others will prefer the Flashair system but for me it's the hands free aspect of Eye-Fi that wins out.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to byegad For This Useful Post:
Hermboy (20th February 2014), OXO (19th March 2014)