Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Olympus E-1

Olympus E-1 E-1 specific discussion.

Old 9th February 2008
Sam M

How much for an E1?

Any advice on price to expect for a second hand E1 with 14-54?
Old 9th February 2008
Hiding_Pup

Re: How much for an E1?

Assuming both items were in excellent condition or better, I'd say 500-550 from a reputable dealer, maybe a little less if it was a private sale?
Old 9th February 2008

Liked 1,312 Times in 792 Posts

I know you're in the UK but there's a Canadian dealer selling the E-1 with 14-45 kit lens for $600 (approx. 300) new.

http://www.mcbaincamera.com/productd...ain_id=0250774

They did have the body only for $400 but I don't know if they have any left.
Old 9th February 2008
Sam M

Sounds pretty good. Do you know if they'd ship to the UK? Don't think there are any new ones in the UK. Think I've found one as new (second hand) for the 300 mark.
Any other advice welcome...
Sam
Old 9th February 2008
Hiding_Pup

Is that with a 14-54mm?
Old 9th February 2008

Liked 1,312 Times in 792 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam M View Post
Sounds pretty good. Do you know if they'd ship to the UK? Don't think there are any new ones in the UK. Think I've found one as new (second hand) for the 300 mark.
Any other advice welcome...
Sam
I know they ship to the US so you could e-mail them and ask. They were selling the 14-54 for $309 over Christmas and the new year and were shipping them to people in the US.
Old 10th February 2008
Sam M

Well, the choice I guess, is try to ship E1/lens package from Canada, (which may be complicated and involve taxes and shipping costs), or go for same 1 year old package in UK? Both at the same price...
Any thoughts?

Thanks, Sam.
Old 10th February 2008
Hiding_Pup

Can't imagine you not being hit by customs. Canada is a bit like Australia in that respect, so you can almost count on 0% duty on camera (this may have changed), 6.7% on the lens; 17.5% VAT on cost of both item and the duty and the shipping; then a 20 handing fee for postie. The extra 150 it could cost you could buy you a 35mm macro, or a nice 40-150mm, or even a second-hand E-400 if you look around hard enough. That said, you might get away with it and not be charged anything. Always a gamble (technically not as you're supposed to ask to be charged if you haven't been) so it's your call.
Old 10th February 2008
Ijay37

Quote:
If you are buying send me a private message I have a E-1 based kit for sale
John
Old 10th February 2008
klian787

Quote:
Hi Sam, I purchased a brand new E-1 c/w 14-45mm Lens from Luton Camera Repair Service in November for 399, they have now put the price up to 449 and still worth every penny. I believe they had a few pre owned too, better to buy from an Olympus approved service agent and be assured that they have been serviced and inspected before sale with a warranty.
Old 27th February 2008
scanny

Hi

I bought a second hand E1 body for £225 in decemeber (4000 shutter actuations), then replaced it with another second hand body after an incident, it was £280 with only 1500 shtter actuations on it. It still feels new and all the buttons are still tight. NEedless to say the E400 is now retired for the time being as the E1 is so user friendly. The 14-54 was £250 second hands o definatly worth trying to fin a package
Old 27th February 2008
ndl0071

I bought an E1 for 235 on e bay boxed almost as new (1300 shutter actuations) about a month ago and more recently a 14-54 for 285 new (UK) hope this helps
Old 27th February 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I managed to get my E-1 plus a 14 -45 lens in the orignal box for 250 on ebay. It feels like new with just over 850 shutter actuations

I bought it as a back up for my E-410 but i seem to prefer it to use than the 410.

Cheers sid.
Old 27th February 2008
Sam M

Well there aren't lots of E-1s out there. Which I guess is pretty good testimony for the camera (unless only a few were ever sold!)
I have managed to get hold of an E1 with a 14-54mm lens, second hand but in very good nick (one year old) 325. (200 seems to be the going price for a body.) Very pleased with the lens. The E1's great for such a relatively old design. Wish the write to card speeds were faster, but pleased with the few pictures I've taken so far.

Thanks for everyone's feedback. Would be great to see more equipment on the 'Sale' pages of this forum...

Sam
Old 28th February 2008
E-P1 fan

The E-1 is the best camera you'll ever buy at that price, or twice that price. Well done