Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Olympus E-1

Olympus E-1 E-1 specific discussion.

Old 17th October 2008
Senior Pixelmonger

Thanked 1,126 Times in 921 Posts
Liked 755 Times in 499 Posts
Re: Just got one!

But try as I might, I can't find any rust on my E-1....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Ford View Post
Hmm, I remember someone on the box saying that "they're great cars, but you'll alway be carrying a bit of one in your pocket!".

Jim

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site
Old 17th October 2008

Liked 129 Times in 42 Posts

Well, it arrived this morning, and I'd just like to say... what a quality piece of kit for 160!

No wonder Chilli has renaged on selling his, I can't see myself ever selling this thing - I can also see the E-510 being neglected, as the feel of the E-1 with the 14-54mm (thanks for that, Chilli) is just fantastic and it's so easy to use after the E-510.

Everything works as it should, and I've just updated the firmware. Shutter count of 1480, and it's absolutely mint. I wonder what someone paid for it new? Probably daft money, no doubt. Hoping the weather will be fair tomorrow to get out with it for while.

Yeah, I know it's waterproof, but I'm not...
Old 17th October 2008

Liked 709 Times in 252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekHog View Post
Well, it arrived this morning, and I'd just like to say... what a quality piece of kit for 160!

No wonder Chilli has renaged on selling his, I can't see myself ever selling this thing - I can also see the E-510 being neglected, as the feel of the E-1 with the 14-54mm (thanks for that, Chilli) is just fantastic and it's so easy to use after the E-510.

Everything works as it should, and I've just updated the firmware. Shutter count of 1480, and it's absolutely mint. I wonder what someone paid for it new? Probably daft money, no doubt. Hoping the weather will be fair tomorrow to get out with it for while.

I'm pleased the wait was worth it.

Regards. Barr1e
Old 7th November 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekHog View Post

So 190 for the body and lens was a good price? I thought I might have got a bargain. But no software [no CD, nothing] seems to be a problem, and where would I get a firmware upgrade?
Old 7th November 2008

Liked 875 Times in 355 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetePassword View Post
So 190 for the body and lens was a good price? I thought I might have got a bargain. But no software [no CD, nothing] seems to be a problem, and where would I get a firmware upgrade?
Download Olympus Master Two free from the oly site and you update your firmware through it.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/paul_silk/
Old 7th November 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_S View Post
Download Olympus Master Two free from the oly site and you update your firmware through it.
Doesn't work with the E1, unfortunately. You need Viewer, which is even nastier than Master.