Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Olympus E-300

Olympus E-300 E-300 specific discussion.

Old 7th June 2015

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wireless flash for Olympus E300

Does anyone know where I can find a wireless flash system which has a dedicated hot shoe on the sender, to fit an Olympus E300?
I have studio flash units which have their own slave units but can only use them by firing the camera flash and destroying the lighting effect I have set up.
Universal hot shoes do not work and so far all the wireless systems I have seen are for other camera makes or have a universal shoe.
Please help
Old 8th June 2015

Liked 57 Times in 37 Posts
Re: Wireless flash for Olympus E300

I had an E300 a long time ago, it has a standard Olympus hot shoe. The pin that fires the flash is standard across many camera makes including Olympus.

You should have no issues using any of the radio flash triggers on the market, place the transmitter on the camera hot shoe, when you press the shutter the radio signal will be sent to the receivers which then fire the flash. No TTL with this way so you will need to use a flash meter or experience to set the flash power settings.

If you search on Amazon for

Quote:
radio flash trigger Olympus
you should find a wide range of prices to choose from.
Old 8th June 2015
Administrator

Liked 1,308 Times in 772 Posts
Re: Wireless flash for Olympus E300

PiXeL Pawn.

Pixel TF-364 Pawn 3-in-1 Flash and Shutter Trigger for: Amazon.co.uk: Camera & Photo Pixel TF-364 Pawn 3-in-1 Flash and Shutter Trigger for: Amazon.co.uk: Camera & Photo

They work on all Olympus cameras - even my old C8080WZ

http://pixelhk.com/Proshow.aspx?id=65

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Tags
accessory, flash., system