Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Micro Four Thirds > Olympus OM-D E-M1

Olympus OM-D E-M1 The first Micro Four Thirds camera that offers phase detect focusing so you can use Four Thirds DSLR lenses normally as well a Micro Four Thirds lenses.

Old 16th January 2018

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Re: EM1 and Canon EF lens via adaptor any good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post
This is a thread on a bird watching forum,its long and can get boring but in it you may find some good info.

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=245710
You are right it is long!

By using the search facility I can narrow down those posts that have the word adapter or Commlite so it is not quite as onerous as viewing all 37 pages!!

Thanks for the link.
Old 16th May 2018

Liked 781 Times in 364 Posts
Re: EM1 and Canon EF lens via adaptor any good?

Just to help these are shot using my metabones adaptor (Metabones Canon EF to Micro 4/3 T 11 adapter Manufacturers Part Number: MB_EF-M43-BT2) and various canon lenses. It is on the G9 as Panasonic work well with adaptors and seem to actively support it at shows like the birdfair. I'm sure it would also suit various Olympus bodies I have tested on the em5 mk2 but I like the G9 more

All hand held and at normal settings (look on Flickr). The G9 and metabones gives full SAF and a very useful manual focus with picture in picture expanded focus window with peaking.

deer with metabones using the EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM

hellebore with metabones using the EF100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM

Allium with metabones using the EF-S18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM

They are a bit larger on Flickr and I have more examples there. See this album https://www.flickr.com/photos/131956...57666995345617

You can see some of my things on Flickr