Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Software

Software Discuss Olympus Master, Studio and Viewer software applications as well as third party programs like Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Apple Aperture, and others.

Old 14th January 2019

Liked 1,407 Times in 905 Posts
Dpof

I've never used Digital Print Order Format before, but my partner wanted a few photos printed from her camera, so I thought that I'd give it a try.

We selected the images we wanted and I took the card to Tesco's and Asda, who both have modern equipment. The people in charge of the equipment had no idea what DPOF meant! When I told them that there was a file on the card with the details of the images to be printed, I was met with a blank stare and told that they could only print JPEGs. I gave up at that point!

Has anybody else had this experience? What's the point of DPOF if nobody uses it or has heard of it?

Jim
Old 14th January 2019

Liked 143 Times in 98 Posts
Re: Dpof

Never used it myself; when I wanted some photos printing of an aunties birthday party, I used Aldi and uploaded the relevant images.
It wasn't expensive, so I duplicated some of the images with slightly different settings. all of which came back quite faithfully reproduced.
It wasn't quite by return of post, but not far off.

The nearest I have to a home page.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/peak4/
They're Watching You!
Old 16th January 2019

Thanked 1,239 Times in 981 Posts
Liked 1,810 Times in 1,016 Posts
Re: Dpof

I might be wrong but I think it is for connecting & printing from a direct connection to a printer from the camera. The camera then initiates the print command (I think).
Make a selection from the images on the card then it print just those frames. There may be other settings I haven't looked at.

EDIT:
On pages 143-145 of the E-M1 Mk II (version 2) it talks all about printing from the camera & DPOF. Other camera models should have similar in the user manuals.
Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
Lenses: M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens with MC-14, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).