Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > For sale or wanted small ads

For sale or wanted small ads Advertise items you no longer need, as well as interest in items you are looking for. Non-commercial small-ads only. Buyers please take maximum precautions as we can offer no protection from fraudsters.

Old 14th September 2018

Liked 804 Times in 303 Posts
Lowepro Orion trekker

Got this some time ago but now I have my E-System bag, I don't need it.
A fiver and it is yours. Collection from Leigh on Sea or pay postage. In pretty good condition.

Old 14th September 2018

Liked 13 Times in 10 Posts
Re: Lowepro Orion trekker

Hi Dave

May I take this bag? I will pay the postage. The address to be sent to will be in a PM , after you PM price and BT details to me for me to pay.

Best regards

JohnWB
Old 14th September 2018

Hi Dave

BT complete this end. PM sent with destination address. Ta.
Old 15th September 2018

Thanked 1,213 Times in 1,130 Posts
Liked 1,659 Times in 829 Posts

That was a bargain John. I've used the mk2 version of this bag constantly for nearly 10 years now and it's been brilliant. I've been trying to replace it for a while as it's finally started to loose a bit of it's back padding but just can't find anything that suits me as well.
Old 15th September 2018

Liked 1,990 Times in 1,013 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phill D View Post
That was a bargain John. I've used the mk2 version of this bag constantly for nearly 10 years now and it's been brilliant. I've been trying to replace it for a while as it's finally started to loose a bit of it's back padding but just can't find anything that suits me as well.
What is it with Camera bags? As my lens have grown in number, and size, I have found it difficult to find a bag I liked. I like the sling bags, used an orange Tamrac until the zip bust, then a Lowepro, which was good, but too big, then finally Amazons own make. Its a fairly tight fit for camera, and binoculars and a fisheye lens. I carry telephotos in their own bags, and usually fit them before I go walkabouts. I do not try to carry all of my kit at the same time, heavy and expensive if something goes awry.....

Still looking for the perfect bag, cost is also a major factor, just am not going to pay 100's for a bag......

My Flickr
The Following User Liked This Post:
sapper (15th September 2018)
Old 15th September 2018

Thanked 1,213 Times in 1,130 Posts
Liked 1,659 Times in 829 Posts

I know what you mean Mark. The little Orion Trekker 2 I got was free with a magazine subscription and it's the best bag I've had. Not quite perfect for me but close.
Old 15th September 2018

Liked 502 Times in 329 Posts

I've had an Orion Trekker for years and it's great, the only thing that's missing is a loop or something to hold a tripod. Even that's less of a problem in these days of IBIS and good high ISO performance. Definitely a bargain at that price!
Old 18th September 2018

Hi Dave

I have just picked up the bag.

Excellent condition, very pleased. Thank you for a smooth and efficient transaction.

JohnWB
The Following User Says Thank You to johnwb For This Useful Post:
sapper (24th September 2018)
Old 18th September 2018

Liked 1,102 Times in 722 Posts

[QUOTE=MJ224;457723
Still looking for the perfect bag, cost is also a major factor, just am not going to pay 100's for a bag......[/QUOTE]

This is an excellent bag for under 20:

https://www.7dayshop.com/products/7d...ncluded-ds-014

Jim
Old 18th September 2018

Liked 268 Times in 190 Posts

What is it with bags? I too can’t find the perfect one, more a case of needing one for foreign holidays that’s carry-on friendly. Tried a Kaga and a Nest roller and latest one was a Hama roller which is close to perfect except the extending handle sticks out ridiculously. On holiday now and have brought the Kaga as it’s easy to fling into the back of the car, if it was a roller it would be close to perfect. I recently tried a sub 20 messenger from 7DayShop and while it was good for the Oly gear and a small laptop it wasn’t exactly comfortable to carry. My plan was to use it as my carry-on personal item and stash it under the seat on a plane but it’s a tad too big for that, so it’s back to the six quid ‘man bag’ from Amazon for that. I firmly believe the perfect bag for me doesn’t exist.