Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > For sale or wanted small ads

For sale or wanted small ads Advertise items you no longer need, as well as interest in items you are looking for. Non-commercial small-ads only. Buyers please take maximum precautions as we can offer no protection from fraudsters.

Old 1st July 2011

Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,112 Posts
Liked 522 Times in 392 Posts
Re: Olympus E-5 Brand new - never out of box

But if the camera has not been registered YET, can it be registered by this buyer now, and as a gift from the original paperwork person ?
I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album
Old 1st July 2011

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I would think that is dependant on the type of transaction. Buying an E-5 by cash and then selling it without registering it would certainly allow the new owner to declare it as first owner. Buying it by credit card and selling it on I suspect leaves a paper trail - on the receipt. In this case if Olympus have provided the replacement surely that will be documented. If it is an insurance company then there will be no receipt.
Old 1st July 2011

The seller has " the paperwork" it came from Warehouse Express - thus it can be "a gift" I think ?

the ONE photo album
Old 1st July 2011

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevvyf1 View Post
The seller has " the paperwork" it came from Warehouse Express - thus it can be "a gift" I think ?
I think it is dependant on what paperwork he has. If the Warehouse Express paperwork is based on a credit card transaction or it is detailed in any way to his name then that could be a problem if a warranty claim came up. If however the Warehouse Express receipt shows no detail of the purchaser then I agree it shouldn't be a problem.
Old 1st July 2011
abacus180

The original purchaser could volunteer to be the warranty middle man between the new owner and Olympus if problems crop up as part of the sale. I still can't get my head round the chain of events here and how anyone can be 8 months behind updating E5 photos from the previous E5 camera on the website?

How many E5s are we talking about here, 3 of them I think,
original ( lost, broken, stolen etc) then
bought-in replacement and then
brand new insurance replacement.
Old 1st July 2011

Liked 45 Times in 28 Posts

I dont want to be funny, this is a thread about someone wanting to sell some kit. Not a thread about warrantys. This has come up so many times befor. A camera is for sale.

Steve
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SteveJ For This Useful Post:
peak4 (1st July 2011), Zuiko (2nd July 2011)
Old 1st July 2011

Liked 167 Times in 111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJ View Post
I dont want to be funny, this is a thread about someone wanting to sell some kit. Not a thread about warrantys. This has come up so many times befor. A camera is for sale.

Steve
I was just about to type the same myself, but got called out to look at a dramatic sky.
Can't expand now as tea's ready

The nearest I have to a home page.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/peak4/
They're Watching You!
Old 2nd July 2011
Johnny Jetstream

Wow, what a suspicious lot you all are!

Since the camera has never been registered then the new owner will be entitled to the warranty as though it were a gift. This is straightforward under UK law.

As for the eight months to update the website. It actually takes a few minutes to update the website. However, the works themselves take a long time to create and it it can take a long time to finish each piece. Thus the eight month turnaround. I spend the summer each year in the USA collecting RAW material and then create the works. Some of the pieces from last summer are just about finished and then the cycle begins again.

My perspective is that these works are more art than photography. The places do not exist as you see them and they are intended to be part of a fictional place that forms The Urban Desert.

Also the camera really is an insurance replacement. I had two bodies - one was destroyed when it fell from some height whilst doing some architectural shots. Everyone knows how hard it has been to source E-5s recently and it has taken my insurer two months to find a replacement. In the meantime I can't really undertake everyday work without two bodies so I bought one from a company that they don't deal with. Hence the sale of this one.

JJ
Old 2nd July 2011
Johnny Jetstream

I have tried to edit the original thread to state 'sold' to no avail. If I didn't make it clear in the last thread then the E-5 is now sold and I would like to thank everyone for their interest.

JJ
Old 2nd July 2011

Johnny I am not suspicious just dont want to throw away 1,250 ! I am looking for a second E-5 and if there is no warranty then I have to look at price trade off ! Hence MY PERSONAL CONCERN and HOPE that it could be registered as a gift !

I am surprised that it takes nearly a year to update your website as I would think your website is SALES

We (on here) do not know you so are only voicing our "thoughts" if you interpret that as "suspicions" that its, your interpretation!

As I said, I do not throw 's1k away ! and yes I did check out your eBay f/b and I would be happy to purchase this from you , but I think I am second or (?) as someone sent you a pm !

the ONE photo album
Old 2nd July 2011
Johnny Jetstream

I think I called you a suspicious lot in a jovial manner!

Perhaps the difference between art and photography is in websites then! Nothing is sold from the website - it is all done through galleries. Some of the pieces, which are in editions of three, are sold before they even make it to the website. It is there for information (colleges and universities seem to visit it mainly)and as such isn't a priority. Also, I don't like posting the work until I am absolutely sure it is finished.

JJ
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Chevvyf1 (2nd July 2011)
Old 2nd July 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Jetstream View Post
I think I called you a suspicious lot in a jovial manner!

Perhaps the difference between art and photography is in websites then! Nothing is sold from the website - it is all done through galleries. Some of the pieces, which are in editions of three, are sold before they even make it to the website. It is there for information (colleges and universities seem to visit it mainly)and as such isn't a priority. Also, I don't like posting the work until I am absolutely sure it is finished.

JJ
Ah! your pieces do look very good and I guess you Tour in a Jetstream nice kit - see we on here didnt know about your Art & Galleries - another misunderstanding as we did'nt know you !

the ONE photo album
Old 2nd July 2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevvyf1 View Post
We (on here) do not know you so are only voicing our "thoughts" if you interpret that as "suspicions" that its, your interpretation!
With the caveat that I have not personally bought anything from JJ, he has actually offered high end Olympus items on here on several occasions. JJ is not a regular active contributor but he has been around and known by the group for quite a while.

Olympus E-30 | Falcon 8mm fisheye | 8mm fisheye | 12-60mm | 25mm f/2.8 pancake | 40-150mm | 50-200mm | 70-300mm | Tamron 135mm f/2.5 | EX-25 | FL-36R | YN460 & YN460-II | B&W ND110 | Lightroom 2.7 | Photoshop CS3
flickr - Photo52 2011
My Photo52 2011 Thread on TP
Old 2nd July 2011
Johnny Jetstream

If I had the time I might be able to contribute more. I just thought that it would be better someone on this forum getting a good deal rather than the anonymity of ebay!

I have two e-5s and the SHG lenses from 14-250 mm inc the tuna. They have never failed me (apart from not defying the laws of gravity). The only area the E-3 let down work was small vegetation details but the E-5 seems to have fixed that.

JJ
Old 2nd July 2011
Administrator

Thanked 3,140 Times in 2,449 Posts
Liked 4,441 Times in 2,107 Posts

I too can confirm that Johnny has been around for a long while, not a regular poster but popping up every now and then. I also know him to be a fine photographer, not that that's got anything to do with selling gear but at least we know we are dealing with a fellow photographer and enthusiast.

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau