Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Software

Software Discuss Olympus Master, Studio and Viewer software applications as well as third party programs like Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Apple Aperture, and others.

Old 19th October 2017

Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Re: Processing on a tablet

I've used snapseed and fotor on my older NVidia Shield Tablet (android) which I find great for editing and posting on the fly or for a use as a giant live monitor using OI Share. I've heard lots of good things about affinity for iPad and use it on my PC but unfortunately I don't have an iPad to compare it with
Old 19th December 2017

Liked 214 Times in 69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
What's the budget? My daughter has been equipped with a Surface clone made by Lenovo and it's a fair but cheaper. It's the Miix 510 model and is available in a number of CPU, memory and storage (SSD) configurations. It has a 12 inch full HD touch screen and a pressure-sensitive pen. The keyboard cover is also standard. The Core i3 version with 4GB RAM and 128GB SSD is £499.

Ian
Now at around £400, seems a good buy!
Old 20th December 2017
Codger

Liked 100 Times in 42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
Now at around £400, seems a good buy!
It ought to run Affinity Photo nicely.

"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something" - Steven Wright
Old 20th December 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by steverh View Post
It ought to run Affinity Photo nicely.
I’m currently running an older version of Elements (10) with Nik plugins. I’m a little concerned about losing the Nik software since they got bought, but I’ve just looked and they’re still showing as google free downloads???��
Old 21st December 2017

Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts

I have been using an iPad for editing while traveling for several years now. My go-to editor is still Snapseed. Recently I’ve been using LR, especially when I can invest the photos on my Mac and then sync them to the iPad. Any edits I do on the iPad are then synced back to LR on the Mac automagically.

Last week i replaced my old iPad with a brand-spanking-New iPad Pro 12.9”, and also bought an Apple Pencil which I have really tried yet. But I’m hopeful.
Old 25th December 2017

Well I was surprised that Santa brought a new laptop, so tablet processing isn't required at the moment! I've just downloaded all my existing software so am back where I was before the other laptop died.

I will look at a software upgrade path at some point, but all's good for now
Old 29th December 2017

Liked 399 Times in 186 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassman51 View Post
I have been using an iPad for editing while traveling for several years now. My go-to editor is still Snapseed. Recently Iíve been using LR, especially when I can invest the photos on my Mac and then sync them to the iPad. Any edits I do on the iPad are then synced back to LR on the Mac automagically.

Last week i replaced my old iPad with a brand-spanking-New iPad Pro 12.9Ē, and also bought an Apple Pencil which I have really tried yet. But Iím hopeful.
I have a love/hate relationship with the current Lightroom CC setup. It's great to be able to upload photos on the move, though, and know they'll simply be available on phone/iPad/Mac/PC/whatever else. The mobile Photoshop offering needs significant improvement (or Lightroom CC needs features that I would normally use in Photoshop on a proper 'puter).