Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Micro Four Thirds > Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II

Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II The first OM-D's successor.

Old 24th January 2017

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Im coming back again

Last August I came back to Olympus and got the OMD em5 MKII and a 17mm prime. Things didn't go to plan on that one and I sent the lot back and replaced with A FUJIx100T -as this was another camera I really wanted.

Really can't fault the Fuji at all. Great camera, superb Images -even from JPG's out the camera- a joy to use, great build quality, superb optics it is everything you could want. Except.... I still keep thinking about the Olympus so Im getting another a bit sad as funds won't permit me to keep both - which would be my ideal choice- I know Im going to miss it and almost sure I will get another the minute funds allow..but as soon as Ive sold the fuji my OMD will be on order
Old 24th January 2017
Administrator

Thanked 2,783 Times in 2,142 Posts
Liked 3,281 Times in 1,535 Posts
Re: Im coming back again

It's great to have you back, but why change from the Fuji when it was serving you so well? If you really want both systems, why not keep the Fuji and add the Olympus when you have the funds?

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
The Following User Liked This Post:
yorky (24th January 2017)
Old 24th January 2017

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuiko View Post
It's great to have you back, but why change from the Fuji when it was serving you so well? If you really want both systems, why not keep the Fuji and add the Olympus when you have the funds?
The fuji is great; and I am torn to sell her on. The OMD with pro kit lens, would also serve me well, and it would give me just that little bit more versatility having the zoom. I really got the Fuji for street Photography. the two together are a great to have but, if going some time without one of them and for shooting a variety of subjects for me at the moment the OMD would be better.

I need to make a decision and stick to it otherwise I will go round in circles again
The Following User Liked This Post:
Zuiko (24th January 2017)
Old 24th January 2017

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

I have been tempted by the Fuji brand also. Namely the XT1 or XT10. Reviews are great for both. I would never part with my Olympus gear, invested far too much over the years but just fancy something lighter for our trips to National Trust Properties and the like. Went to my local dealer today and played with them all, also the XE1. Impressed with all three. Anyone had any experience with these cameras. Would be glad of any advice. Regards. IW.
Old 25th January 2017

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPWheatley View Post
I have been tempted by the Fuji brand also. Namely the XT1 or XT10. Reviews are great for both. I would never part with my Olympus gear, invested far too much over the years but just fancy something lighter for our trips to National Trust Properties and the like. Went to my local dealer today and played with them all, also the XE1. Impressed with all three. Anyone had any experience with these cameras. Would be glad of any advice. Regards. IW.
I think you are just down the road from me..are you sure I can't tempt you with my X100t . I used it a Burghley House was just the job to be honest

http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=44117
Old 25th January 2017

Liked 2,656 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPWheatley View Post
I bought an XE1 cheap on eBay and got a nice used 35/1.4 to go with it. The body is pre-historic compared to modern Olympus cameras. Slow, very poor AF, no IBIS, fixed rear screen, lacking features.... The lens OTOH is stellar.

Image quality I found something of a mixed bag. Skin can sometimes look a bit plastic and green foliage detail isn't always that great either. Its big win over u43 is however perceived noise at higher ISO. However, there is some in-built NR that can't be turned off which blurs detail somewhat. By adding NR to Olympus raws, you can get the results similar, but the Fuji is still ahead - maybe half a stop.

In the end I sold it. In the real world it adds nothing significant in IQ and the system as a whole is not as compact or functional.
The Following User Says Thank You to pdk42 For This Useful Post:
IPWheatley (25th January 2017)
Old 25th January 2017

Liked 916 Times in 553 Posts

How much would you want AJ?

on flickr
Old 25th January 2017

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoh View Post