Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Foto Fair

Foto Fair Post your photos for friendly, non-critical feedback. This is the place to show pictures if you aren't yet ready for full-blooded critique, or simply want to share an interesting picture with other e-group visitors.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18th March 2017

Liked 590 Times in 292 Posts
Small mammals, tree frogs and insect workshop

i attended a workshop shooting a number of captive bred small mammals, tree frogs and insects this week. The opportunity was for me to use properly set up studio flash. I have only previously used on camera or single off camera flash or my own continuous lighting which would be too hot for such subjects.

It was a good experience and allowed me to shoot Olympus and Canon side by side. I will only post a few of the Olympus shots here but others are on Flickr if interested. I won't put the tarantula on here but he was a lovely specimen. But I'm guessing that spiders (or the snake ) are not everyone's cup of tea.

I found the results very pleasing and the Olympus EM5 mk2 shots were lovely in terms of richness and balance. I was slightly concerned by the suggestions of 800 iso with f16 to 20, but we did lots of experimentation and I have about 500 shots to try and learn from.

I will put a few here and see what you feel.

Red-Eyed Tree Frog - Agalychnis callidryas
by Peter Willmott, on Flickr

Crested gecko - Correlophus ciliatus

Ghost Praying Mantis - Phyllocrania paradoxa

Amazon milk frog - Trachycephalus resinifictrix

At the moment I haven't uploaded any of the Harvest Mice with Oly, but they were the cutest subjects if you want to see what the 70D made of them.

The workshop is a good one. I have a flash with bats in flight workshop soon with the same people.

hope you like them

You can see some of my things on Flickr
The Following User Says Thank You to art frames For This Useful Post:
PeterBirder (18th March 2017)
The Following Users Liked This Post:
DavyG (18th March 2017), Graham_of_Rainham (19th March 2017), JohnGG (19th March 2017), Magus (18th March 2017), pault (19th March 2017), PeterBirder (18th March 2017), raymondo (18th March 2017), rsh1960 (18th March 2017), Wee man (19th March 2017)