Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Foto Fair

Foto Fair Post your photos for friendly, non-critical feedback. This is the place to show pictures if you aren't yet ready for full-blooded critique, or simply want to share an interesting picture with other e-group visitors.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17th September 2015

Liked 623 Times in 302 Posts
Communal Dragonfly, Butterfly and Insect photo thread

The idea for this thread came about from an online discussion between Ron aka Olybirder and myself. We thought it might be interesting to have a thread dedicated to butterfly and dragonfly photographs by anybody who would like to contribute. Ron has launched a similar one for birds (I have copied and adapted his words as they were very well chosen)

We realise that nature photography is an acquired taste and not appreciated by everyone but lots of people take nature shots so this thread could give members a chance to post photos for viewing, comments, advice and tips (given or taken) or just general natural history chat.

Don't limit your choices to simply macro shots, indeed the reason I suggested butterflies and dragonflies is because they don't require special equipment. And lots of people already post them.

You don't have to be a committed insect photographer but everybody is welcome to contribute if they have a photograph of a dragonfly or butterfly which they are proud of (or disappointed with and would like some advice.) It would probably be wise to limit the number of images to two or three at a time to prevent the thread becoming too unwieldly (on the other hand it might not take off at all.)

So have a root about on your hard drive and show us what you've got.

To start it off here are a selection I took this afternoon. As I walked around a reserve and footpath lots of people were out picking blackberries. I was taking pictures of the insects who were there first, enjoying the fruit themselves.

A migrant hawker dragonfly and two comma butterflies enjoying the blackberries. The dragonfly also has a fly walking on it's wing!

So do remember to wash your blackberries before you eat them.

Now it is your turn. What have you got to post?

You can see some of my things on Flickr
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to art frames For This Useful Post:
cliff (18th September 2015), Lakota (8th October 2015), Mrs T (17th September 2015)
The Following Users Liked This Post:
Beagletorque (17th September 2015), cliff (18th September 2015), Lakota (8th October 2015), Mrs T (17th September 2015), Olybirder (17th September 2015), pandora (26th May 2016), raymondo (18th September 2015), rsh1960 (18th September 2015)