Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Olympus E-1

Olympus E-1 E-1 specific discussion.

Old 26th June 2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
re E-3 or new lense for E-1 for macro shots

Here are a couple of photos with the E-1 which I would like to improve upon
Any advice apreciated
Thank You
AlecN
Old 26th June 2011

Liked 42 Times in 26 Posts
Re: re E-3 or new lense for E-1 for macro shots

Hi Alec
The first one I can't see as a large picture. However I would say that it looks fine if a little flat. I would try to up the contrast a bit although the tonality is very nice. The point of view is also good to get the whole moth sharp.

The plant is a bit more complicated. To my eye there is too much to distract from the flower e.g. the pot, whatever that is behind it to the right, the window sill, the plant tag. I use a black piece of cloth to get rid of a lot of clutter. There is still a piece of foliage in front of the left side of the flower but I presume you could hold that out of the way. Its a pity that one petal is bent back and I doubt there is much you can do about that.
I think there is a lot of potential for abstract close ups as it is a plant with a lot of detail.

Lots of toys.