Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > For sale or wanted small ads

For sale or wanted small ads Advertise items you no longer need, as well as interest in items you are looking for. Non-commercial small-ads only. Buyers please take maximum precautions as we can offer no protection from fraudsters.

Old 2nd August 2015

Liked 294 Times in 185 Posts
FOR SALE: Metabones Nikon F - M4/3 adapter

***This is NOT a 'Speed Booster!' , it is a straight forward legacy lens adapter***

Metabones adapters are very high quality, make no mistake this is not a cheap quality, wobbly, plastic-feel adapter. Both the lens and body mounts are made from chromium plated brass and machined to an extremely high accuracy.

This Nikon version is designed to primarily be used with lenses that have an aperture ring. If you have or want to use Nikon 'G' lenses please be aware that they will mount fine but you will not be able to control the aperture, in other words you will be shooting wide open. With all lenses that have an aperture ring..... pre Ai, Ai, Ais, AF, AFD, AFS ( earlier, not G ) you will have complete control over setting the aperture on the lens.

Around 84.00 new ( see link which also gives detailed info ) I will be happy to accept 25.00 plus say 5.00 for delivery, so ...

30 in total

A very high quality adapter at a very good price,

Kind regards, Simon

http://www.proav.co.uk/metabones-nik...rds-adapter-ii

Old 3rd August 2015
wuffstuff

Re: FOR SALE: Metabones Nikon F - M4/3 adapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Bee View Post
***This is NOT a 'Speed Booster!' , it is a straight forward legacy lens adapter***

Metabones adapters are very high quality, make no mistake this is not a cheap quality, wobbly, plastic-feel adapter. Both the lens and body mounts are made from chromium plated brass and machined to an extremely high accuracy.

This Nikon version is designed to primarily be used with lenses that have an aperture ring. If you have or want to use Nikon 'G' lenses please be aware that they will mount fine but you will not be able to control the aperture, in other words you will be shooting wide open. With all lenses that have an aperture ring..... pre Ai, Ai, Ais, AF, AFD, AFS ( earlier, not G ) you will have complete control over setting the aperture on the lens.

Around 84.00 new ( see link which also gives detailed info ) I will be happy to accept 25.00 plus say 5.00 for delivery, so ...

30 in total

A very high quality adapter at a very good price,

Kind regards, Simon

http://www.proav.co.uk/metabones-nik...rds-adapter-ii

I'll take this Simon. Please PM me and I'll arrange payment.

Steve
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Simon Bee (3rd August 2015)
Old 3rd August 2015

On Reserve

Kind regards, Simon
Old 3rd August 2015
wuffstuff

Paid.

Thanks.

Steve
Simon Bee (4th August 2015)
Old 4th August 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuffstuff View Post
Paid.

Thanks.

Steve

Received, thank you Steve,

Kind regards, Simon
Old 4th August 2015

SOLD

Kind regards, Simon
Old 5th August 2015
wuffstuff

Arrived. Looks fine and dandy. Thanks.
Simon Bee (5th August 2015)
The Following User Liked This Post:
Simon Bee (5th August 2015)
Old 5th August 2015

Thank you Steve,

It really is a high quality piece of engineering.

Kind regards, Simon
Old 5th August 2015
wuffstuff

I can't get it to work at all. I just get a black screen. I have another cheap version from ebay and that works perfectly. Am I doing something wrong?
Old 5th August 2015

Quote:
I can't get it to work at all. I just get a black screen. I have another cheap version from ebay and that works perfectly. Am I doing something wrong?

Hi Steve,

Well I don't know if you are but can only assume that is the case. It is just a basic adapter and as CSC use live-view there is no reason why you cannot see anything. It worked perfect on the E-M5mk2 and should on any other Olympus.

One thought....... are you using a Panasonic body? I think you have to go into the menu and set "Shoot without lens" or words to that effect with Pana bodies.
With Olympus bodies you do not need to do this.

Kind regards, Simon
Old 5th August 2015
wuffstuff

I'm using an E-M1. The adapter looks the same as the cheap one but it doesn't work at all on any Nikon lens.

The cheap one works perfectly with no camera menu changes. I'm out with 2 Olympus staff on Friday for a shoot in London so I'm going to take this along with me and sort it out.
Old 5th August 2015

Quote:
I'm using an E-M1. The adapter looks the same as the cheap one but it doesn't work at all on any Nikon lens.

The cheap one works perfectly with no camera menu changes. I'm out with 2 Olympus staff on Friday for a shoot in London so I'm going to take this along with me and sort it out.
Hi Steve,

I'm not doubting your word for one moment, but logically what you say makes no sense, this is completely baffling to say the least

There are no electronic communications required, all the adapter does is take up the 'gap' in register distance. If the cheap one works ( and I don't doubt it ) then this one has to work too.

I cannot see why you would have a black screen, perhaps someone else here could help advise.

What Nikon lenses are you attempting to use? Not that that should be a problem, the only restriction that I know of is if you use a "G" lens ( one without a manual aperture ring ) you will have no control over the aperture and can therefore only shoot wide open.

Yes it will be interesting to see what Olympus say, of course as it's a 'third party' item they may just state 'not their item so cannot help' however I would like to think that they will be a little more helpful than that.

If all else fails you may send it back, but I just am at a loss as to why you are getting a black screen, it just is totally baffling.

Kind regards, Simon
Old 5th August 2015
wuffstuff

Smile Re: FOR SALE: Metabones Nikon F - M4/3 adapter

I'm fully with you on this one. I just can't work it out myself. The 2 units, cheap and metabones, look similar but the metabones just doesn't do it. God knows why?

It's not a question of sending it back- it was only 30. I just don't like to be defeated by an inanimate object.

I'll let you know how I get with Olympus.
Old 5th August 2015
Administrator

Liked 1,568 Times in 900 Posts
Lightbulb Re: FOR SALE: Metabones Nikon F - M4/3 adapter

If you press the lens lock button on the camera body the screen goes blank.

I suspect that the lens lock button is not fully engaging and causing the problem.

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...
Old 5th August 2015
wuffstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham_of_Rainham View Post
If you press the lens lock button on the camera body the screen goes blank.

I suspect that the lens lock button is not fully engaging and causing the problem.
You are correct. It is just a bad fit and the small lock just doesn't go far enough into the lens to engage correctly.

Thanks for the information. Good effort.