Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > The lounge

The lounge Relax, take a break from photo and camera talk - have a chat about something else for a change. Just keep it clean and polite!

Old 12th January 2013

Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Still trying to upload

It seems that others are managing to get their photos onto the forum Is it me? Have I finally lost it? It had to happen sometime, I know! Or am I not uploading the way I should although I believe I'm trying to do it the way I always have?

Or should I buy a Canikon and join another forum?

???????????????

To see what is in front of one's nose requires constant struggle.
GEORGE ORWELL
Old 12th January 2013

Thanked 1,300 Times in 1,015 Posts
Liked 1,943 Times in 1,079 Posts
Re: Still trying to upload

It's not just you. I've had issues previously & Ian is trying his best to solve it.

See this quote from another thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
I am really very sorry that the MyPics forum/gallery picture facility is still not working

It seems there is another more obscure problem behind this one!

Incidentally, I have had some reports that the site is running slowly. I can't say I have noticed this - if anyone else has, can you let me know via forum mail or email forum-admin@e-group.uk.net and please include your broadband IP address (go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/).

Thanks,

Ian
I suggest you contact Ian & give him your IP address as he requests.
Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
Lenses: M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens with MC-14, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).
Old 12th January 2013

Thanks Ross, I will.

I think you could do with some (if not all) of the heavy rain we're getting now. How is it now with you? Still a bit warm?

GEORGE ORWELL
Old 12th January 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobS View Post
Thanks Ross, I will.

I think you could do with some (if not all) of the heavy rain we're getting now. How is it now with you? Still a bit warm?
It's still hot & muggy with a possible shower tomorrow (& also cooler) & Monday & it will warm up again during the week with maybe a bit more of a shower possible next Friday (well that's what they're predicting at the moment). There's a cyclone off the West Australian coast & that will have its affect over Australia & we should get a little rain due to its presence (if we're lucky). Normally the top end of Australia is having monsoon rains by now but since they aren't we are all getting the hot dry winds from across the centre & temperatures are going up to the mid 40's (& higher in some locations). I don't take heat too well & wish for cooler weather. Here's hoping decent rain will come soon, but without the big floods (it's normal for some flooding up north, but not like it was during the last few years over all the eastern states, north & south).

I hope the forum gets back to normal for you & everybody else soon.

Lenses: M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens with MC-14, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
Old 12th January 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross the fiddler View Post
It's still hot & muggy with a possible shower tomorrow (& also cooler) & Monday & it will warm up again during the week with maybe a bit more of a shower possible next Friday (well that's what they're predicting at the moment). There's a cyclone off the West Australian coast & that will have its affect over Australia & we should get a little rain due to its presence (if we're lucky). Normally the top end of Australia is having monsoon rains by now but since they aren't we are all getting the hot dry winds from across the centre & temperatures are going up to the mid 40's (& higher in some locations). I don't take heat too well & wish for cooler weather. Here's hoping decent rain will come soon, but without the big floods (it's normal for some flooding up north, but not like it was during the last few years over all the eastern states, north & south).

I hope the forum gets back to normal for you & everybody else soon.

How does the large changes in humidity levels affect your working on violins, Ross?

GEORGE ORWELL
Old 12th January 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobS View Post
How does the large changes in humidity levels affect your working on violins, Ross?
Generally speaking, not too much but allowances have to be made for the humdity level when fitting pegs (& sound posts) & rehairing bows etc.. Closing up opened violins (& cellos) that have been open for a while needs to be taken carefully, but I will turn on the air conditioner when I need too (which can dry things out & allownces need to be considered), not for the instruments sake but more for mine, of course. It is important for instruments to be in a stable enviroment, but that's not always possible.

It's the old violins that come in from someone that says, "my grandfather played this Strad violin & it's been stored in the roof of the garage" or "under my bed", that's when I generally cringe at what they bring to me. First of all, it ain't no Strad (only a cheap or maybe better copy) & usually it's coming unglued & in various states of disrepair, as well as carpet beetle infestation (eats the horse hair of the bow & case felt lining as well), but that's just part of the fun of repairing these instruments. The good comes with the bad. Setting up & selling new imported instruments is (generally) more relaxing, but both (repairs & sales) can be rewarding. All I have to do is not spend too much time with my camera or here on the forum & the work gets done.

Old 12th January 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross the fiddler View Post
Generally speaking, not too much but allowances have to be made for the humdity level when fitting pegs (& sound posts) & rehairing bows etc.. Closing up opened violins (& cellos) that have been open for a while needs to be taken carefully, but I will turn on the air conditioner when I need too (which can dry things out & allownces need to be considered), not for the instruments sake but more for mine, of course. It is important for instruments to be in a stable enviroment, but that's not always possible.

It's the old violins that come in from someone that says, "my grandfather played this Strad violin & it's been stored in the roof of the garage" or "under my bed", that's when I generally cringe at what they bring to me. First of all, it ain't no Strad (only a cheap or maybe better copy) & usually it's coming unglued & in various states of disrepair, as well as carpet beetle infestation (eats the horse hair of the bow & case felt lining as well), but that's just part of the fun of repairing these instruments. The good comes with the bad. Setting up & selling new imported instruments is (generally) more relaxing, but both (repairs & sales) can be rewarding. All I have to do is not spend too much time with my camera or here on the forum & the work gets done.

Have you worked on a real Strad (and more importantly, are you sufficiently insured to work on a real Strad)? I would be frightened to even touch one!

GEORGE ORWELL