Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference

Camera conference General and model-specific E-System camera chat.

Old 28th June 2011

Liked 76 Times in 23 Posts
Re: Dear Mr Olympus.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMC View Post
His view is that M4/3 will be Olympus' way forward. Have there been any rumours about other plans if the standard 4/3 goes, perhaps to a full size sensor?

For me, it makes little difference as I just dabble, but for those of you with seriously expensive lenses the lack of a next generation 4/3rds camera would be a blow. If/when Olympus DO announce, I guess that will push 2nd hand prices down as some clear out their 'old' kit as quickly as possible to obtain as much as possible toward a new Olympus system, IF there is any other than M4/3.

There was me a few months ago digging out my 30 year old OM2n to trade up to the new age of Olympus, only to find myself at the back end of their next masterpiece (?). Ah well, I only wanted a move to digital from film and the E-1 and E-620 kit will serve me very well for years to come until 3D or holographic images tempt me!

Yes that is Olympus's view and plan too I think, but until they have a Pen with a good viewfinder, its not going to work for people with pro glass to use seriously.

The EP3 will be released soon and that still doesnt have a viewfinder, its like they are just not listening to their customers or not doing any market research

Anyway the e5, E-PL1 and the glass I have does me just fine at the moment and should do for a few years as it does not limit the photography that I do, like you say when new bigger steps in tech come in the future then I will re-think the kit I use -

Wedding Photography Wales | Commercial Photography | Party Photographer Cardiff | Cheap Business Cards | Photoshop Training Cardiff
Old 28th June 2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just have to wait and see I guess.

--------------------------
Old 28th June 2011

Liked 873 Times in 309 Posts

I think the official Olympus patter was that when the technology was right they would release a Pro level m4/3 based body which would be able to make use of existing 4/3 lenses without compromise. The m4/3 and 4/3 line would then work 'as one beautiful system', again Olympus words.
If they do introduce a relatively compact body with E1/3/5 levels of environmental sealing then I will be happy.

Olympus equipment (mainly)
Capture One Pro
My flickr