Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Accessory talk > General accessories

General accessories Batteries, eye cups, power grips, straps, eyepiece magnifiers, cables, remotes and much more.

Old 27th October 2010

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
problem with 8gig Dane elec card

Hi,

I bougt an 8 gig card (Dane elec High speed) for my South africa trip but I had problems with it. I'm sending it back to 7dayshop for a replacement but wonder if I should ask for two 4 gigs instead. Has anyone experienced this problem with 8 gig cards in an E620?:

I took pictures which seemed slow to write to the buffer, sometimes when I viewed them they looked small on screen, i.e. instead of filling the screen you get a black border around the image. Then it lost pictures that I had reviewed previously and were there. Finally when I transferred the files to PC some appear corrupted, with part of the pictures sliced off and moved to one side like those tile sliding puzzles you used to get as a child. Thankfully I'd borrowed Ian's sandisk and lexar 4 gig cards as well and had means to burn images to DVDs so most of the trip was salvaged.

all the best

Jo
Old 27th October 2010
Codger

Liked 104 Times in 45 Posts
Re: problem with 8gig Dane elec card

I would always take at least two cards - they do fail sometimes. 2 x 4GB may be a better idea.

"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something" - Steven Wright
Old 27th October 2010

Liked 272 Times in 112 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to Melaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittykat23uk View Post
Hi,

Finally when I transferred the files to PC some appear corrupted, with part of the pictures sliced off and moved to one side like those tile sliding puzzles you used to get as a child. Jo
I've had that very occasionally with a Sandisk card. Maybe some other forum member knows what causes it and what to do.

I have 2Gb and 4Gb CF cards only. That way the worst you can do is lose 256 or 512 pictures (at LSF). I keep a 2Gb Xd card in the second slot and have bought a 4Gb SD card in anticipation of the E5. Either way there's plenty in reserve.

EM1i, EM5ii, EM10ii
Old 28th October 2010

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I took several, three 4 gig, the 8 gig, a 2 gig and a 1 gig and used them all up a few times over shooting raw + JPEG.
Old 28th October 2010

Liked 142 Times in 89 Posts

I have a kingston 8GB which has been used a fair bit and have had no problems on my e620, mostly shooting Raw. I never fill it up completely and reformat it rather than delete once I have transferred pics.
Jim