Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > For sale or wanted small ads

For sale or wanted small ads Advertise items you no longer need, as well as interest in items you are looking for. Non-commercial small-ads only. Buyers please take maximum precautions as we can offer no protection from fraudsters.

Old 5th October 2010
E-3 Enthusiast....:)

Liked 30 Times in 19 Posts
Off Topic: Wanted - electric upright piano

OK, I appreciate this is slightly off-topic, but if you don't ask, you'll never know eh.

I have a dear friend who has asked me if I know of anyone who may have an Electric Upright Piano for sale. Any model will be considered... Yamaha, Casio etc. It is for an adult, who has just decided she wants to learn the piano.

If anyone knows of one for sale, please would you let me know. Thanks.

Old 5th October 2010
hollyjack0142

Re: Off Topic: Wanted - electric upright piano

Hi John

I have played the piano since a child, and I have the Yamaha electric piano that is widely used in most classical piano schools.

I paid 2000 for this approximately 7 years ago, and today, even with its age, they go for about 1600 second hand as most suppliers will offer continuous after sales repairs (for free if you use a reputable one), as they rarely go wrong, and I have never needed to use this. Hence they do hold their price very well.

May I suggest, that if they are just learning the piano, a traditional upright could be bought much much cheaper as a starting piece, and can be tuned relatively cheap if they have been looked after, or a few hundred on an electric keyboard with full size keys can sound amazing with todays technology, and most do offer the touch sensitive keys, with some higher priced ones offering foot pedals too.

I hope this helps.
Claire
Old 6th October 2010

Liked 931 Times in 358 Posts

I got a Technics digital ensemble off fleabay for 299. Sounds just like a real piano.Full size keyboard, weighted keys, lots of sounds. Not sure how old it it but I am dead chuffed with it, just need to learn how to play it now!
Old 6th October 2010
E-P1 fan

The basic Yamaha upright is fantastic - 600 new - maybe available s/hand
Old 6th October 2010
E-3 Enthusiast....:)

Liked 30 Times in 19 Posts

Thanks all for the replies thus far. I already have one, a rather nice Casio upright, as well as my three synths!!

I have advised my friend to take a look on fleebay

Old 6th October 2010

Thanked 1,300 Times in 1,015 Posts
Liked 1,943 Times in 1,079 Posts

We like the Roland electric pianos. Great action & feel to it as well as sound. We have the HP302 but the cheaper models are also good. I guess it all depends on how serious the player wants to be with the instrument & what they want out of it. It's probably like buying a camera. Don't buy something too basic, because it doesn't take long to desire more.
Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
Lenses: M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens with MC-14, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).