Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Olympus E-510

Olympus E-510 E-510 specific discussion.

Old 14th October 2016

Liked 16 Times in 8 Posts
Live view Issue

Well I took my 510 out of mothballs to test the 50mm Macro that I've just acquired and it works ok through the viewfinder, finding focus or trying to if I get too close to the subject but doesn't seem to try to focus when using live view, anyone any ideas? Something else I've just noticed, when I go to delete the image in the camera, Ihave to do it twice as though the camera has taken two shots but when I scroll through the images on the card there is only one????????? strange.

Cheers
Dave
Old 14th October 2016

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Re: Live view Issue

Read the manual maybe? At least my e510 doesn't focus in live view unless I push a button. As for the double delete, you were shooting raw and JPEG ?

Sent from my thl 4000
Old 14th October 2016

Hiya Lookmore. I've just read the post lower down with a user with the same problem focusing in live view but from memory I'm sure the live view worked the same as through the viewfinder but I could be wrong ( theres nothing unusual there). Regarding the double image issue, I am shooting RAW only.

Cheers,
Dave
Old 14th October 2016

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Strange. You need to delete twice when shooting raw+jpeg but only if you set it up that way (delete separately for the raw and JPEG). So if you shot raw only you probably have a different issue then. Now focusing in live view works only by manual focus or else by pushing a button on the back to get the mirror down again so that the AF can work. Then the mirror goes up again to show the live view after AF. Well that's how mine currently works at least. I admit that I don't use live view very much on that camera.

Sent from my thl 4000
Old 15th October 2016

Hiya Lookmore, I should do as your screen name suggests and look more. You are right with the Raw+Jpeg, I thought I had set to shoot Raw only but no. Anyway sorted now, thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Dave
The Following User Says Thank You to freewheeler For This Useful Post:
lookmore (15th October 2016)