Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Photo challenges

Photo challenges Meet the challenge of posting your photos in fun competitions set by e-group users, or set one yourself!

Old 23rd July 2015

Liked 115 Times in 69 Posts
Challenge 74: The Daily Grind

The subject for this challenge is 'The Daily Grind'. As I prepare for a week away on holiday the only daily grind I'm interested in is hot, black and consumed from a cup. I'm excited to see what we can come up with. I've given a little longer on the time so as not to back-to-back this with challenge 73.

Closing date: Midnight (UK time) on Sunday 9 August 2015

Here are the rules, which should be copied and pasted into the opening post of each round:-

1) The winner of each round becomes the Curator of the next challenge and is responsible for setting the theme and making final judgement of 1st, 2nd and 3rd places. Ideally he/she will make a few comments concerning what they liked about the winning pictures and why they were chosen, but this is not compulsory.

2) A separate thread should be started for comments with each new round and all discussions should take place there, not in the main thread, which should feature pictures entered for the competition only.

3) Each round should be open for entries for two weeks, with the Curator posting the results as soon as possible after entries have closed and the winner setting a new challenge as soon as possible after that.

4) If for any reason a Curator is unable to complete judging their challenge, or a winner is unable or unwilling to become the next Curator, they must contact a moderator immediately so that alternative arrangements can be made.

5) The Curator's decision is final and cannot be disputed. The challenge is designed to be a light-hearted and fun way to encourage friendly competition.

6) All entries must have been taken on an Olympus digital camera, including compacts. Third party lenses on E-System bodies are acceptable. The Exif data should be preserved for every entry. The exception is for processing techniques where the exif for the final image is lost, i.e. for montages, HDR, focus stacking, etc... and in this case all that is required is for one of the original images used to be available to the Curator to check Exif, if needed. It is not anticipated that this will be needed except in the case of a complaint from a forum member. Remember, this is not a competition with prizes at stake and the main purpose is to encourage members to showcase their favourite shots whilst having a bit of fun and friendly rivalry, at the same time demonstrating what a talented bunch we all are!

7) There are no time limits on when a picture was taken, provided it meets all other criteria.

8) Only one entry per challenge, please. If you want to withdraw an entry and replace it with another, that's OK, but you must make it clear in the post containing your replacement picture that this is what you intend doing.

9) The Curator cannot enter his or her own challenge.

Please use the separate thread I have started for comments on this challenge whilst the competition is in progress. Discussions/Comments link

Good luck!
Old 5th August 2015

Re: Challenge 74: The Daily Grind

Drumming up some interest, less than a week to go!
Old 7th August 2015

Liked 81 Times in 32 Posts

Think someone needs to sticky this to stop it getting lost!!

Here's my entry...hopefully it becomes more than a one horse race though!

That Monday feeling..

Alan
The Following Users Liked This Post:
Ianf (8th August 2015), JohnN (14th August 2015)
Old 9th August 2015

Liked 412 Times in 254 Posts

Going underground - the road to hell.

Old 10th August 2015

What lacks in quantity provides in quality.

Ralph, I love the light trails and can imagine the blood boiling having to move through traffic. I can just imagine tackling that on the way home one evening or worse on an early morning!

But the winner is Alan's That Monday Feeling. Because being a tube commuter it is all too familiar and captures it beautifully. Nonchalance, despair, phones and blank looks.

Hopeful that there will be more entrants for #75
Ralph Harwood (10th August 2015)
Old 11th August 2015

Liked 81 Times in 32 Posts

Thanks! Shame there were so few entries. As you say, hopefully more will come in for the next one. I'll come up with a subject and report back later on!
Old 19th August 2015

Thanked 1,479 Times in 1,407 Posts
Liked 1,392 Times in 889 Posts

Well done to those who entered and kept the competition going. Perhaps the holiday season has interrrupted the usual flow of entries, as it did to me. I'm now feeling guilty and must find an entry for the current competition.
Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
Learn something new every day