Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference

Camera conference General and model-specific E-System camera chat.

Old 28th April 2011

Liked 2,941 Times in 857 Posts
British Summer Time

Somebody asked me what time of day one of my shots was taken. I consulted the exif data to find out but suddenly realised that I had never altered the settings to correspond to British Summer Time. I looked at the date settings on my E-30 and they were correct. This led me to question whether the camera automatically copes with daylight savings or whether I had originally set it up in British Summer Time and then it had been wrong over the winter and then correct again when the clocks changed a few weeks ago.

I have had a look in the handbook but can see no mention of a daylight savings check box. Does anybody know if E-series cameras have any provision for changes to the clocks?

Ron
Old 28th April 2011

Liked 712 Times in 478 Posts
Re: British Summer Time

I've noticed something a bit similar, that the shooting time seemed to be correct even though I hadn't reset the camera. I wonder if something clever is happening like the camera records the time in some internal format, like number of seconds since the beginning of the universe, which the display software then unpacks "intelligently". It should be easy enough to devise an experiment to check. Sadly my tired old brain isn't up to it at the moment.

Ciao ... John
Old 28th April 2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: British Summer Time

My cameras don't change automatically for daylight saving - but they are older models (E500, E1 & E330).