Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > General photography discussion

General photography discussion Please look for a specific board to start your thread but if you can't find an appropriate one, post it here.

Old 1 Week Ago

Liked 294 Times in 100 Posts
Don’t ask, it just appealed to me……….

I’ve been ‘in-to’ and ‘out-of’ photography, more ‘in-to’ I’m glad to say, since my first Box Brownie and Kodak 127.

When I was young, I’m 75, I took take pictures of everything and anything..me feet, drain holes, aeroplanes where all you could see was the vapour trail etc, etc……….etc.

Then all that stopped……..
I grew up, I got clever, I became more experienced and more discerning, photographically that is. I only photographed stuff that I considered ‘worth’ it, but the gay (the old meaning) abandonment had gone.
So easy to say, ‘Oh that’s not worth taking’.

Then all that stopped….….
I visited my eight year old Grandson in Poland who had just received his first little camera, and you guessed it, he was taking pictures of everything and anything..his feet, drain holes, aeroplanes where all he could see was the vapour trail etc, etc……….etc.

I like to think I have an ‘eye’ for a picture, so now again, I take pictures of everything and anything..me feet, drain holes, aeroplanes where all I can see is the vapour trail etc, etc……….etc.

I’m a technical/equipment junkie, but it’s all about the end product….a picture.

If you see a picture, then snap it, no matter what it is.

Thanks for reading this rubbish.

My latest ’Don’t ask, it just appealed to me’………

A stack of high chairs in M&S coffee shop, with my wife’s voice ringing in me ears…….
’Your’e not taking a picture of that…… are you?
IMG_1388 copy by Dave in Wales, on Flickr
The Following Users Liked This Post:
blu-by-u (1 Week Ago), drmarkf (1 Week Ago), MikeOxon (1 Week Ago), Paul19 (1 Week Ago), Ross the fiddler (1 Week Ago)
Old 1 Week Ago

Liked 572 Times in 393 Posts
Re: Don’t ask, it just appealed to me……….

That's a very refreshing attitude Dave, I'm sure a lot of us can relate to it.

John
Old 1 Week Ago

Liked 94 Times in 68 Posts

Yep can definitely relate to that - though I 'd have composed in closer and at about a 90 degree angle...
Old 1 Week Ago

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts

Yep relate to that. Remember with my first camera taking a photo of a loaf of bread on the table with a few slices cut and laying flat - my father coming in and hitting the roof, "What are you doing taking a photo of bread? Film costs a lot you know!!"
blu-by-u (1 Week Ago)