Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Accessory talk > Flash

Flash FL-related discussions can be found here.

Old 2 Weeks Ago

Liked 44 Times in 27 Posts
Question Any OLympus FL-600R Users Here?

I've been reading reviews of the Olympus FL-600R flashgun as I'd like to get a more powerful 'Master' flash to control other RC slave flashes that I own.

But several of the reviews have commented that the FL-600R has a bright LED light that flashes every second when it is being used as a slave flash. For wildlife or birding uses I'd imagine that would be very disruptive and prevent you using the flash remotely.

But I see in the manual that you can turn the LED light off and reduce its brightness. Does this mean you can overcome the problem, but the reviewers didn't delve deeply enough into the manual and menus to find this out? Or do these options not apply to the LED light when it is being used as a remote slave?

Any comments from existing users please?

Chris

Black OM-D E-M1 MkII, Silver PEN-F, Black Lumix GX7, and too many lenses!
Old 1 Week Ago

Liked 44 Times in 27 Posts
Re: Any OLympus FL-600R Users Here?

No longer an issue for me as I've bought a Metz M400 instead!

(Testing this so far, it seems to do everything I wanted - there is a a small flashing light when in slave mode but it is not intrusive and would be positioned facing the master flash and camera rather than the subject anyway.)

Chris

Black OM-D E-M1 MkII, Silver PEN-F, Black Lumix GX7, and too many lenses!