Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Accessory talk > General accessories

General accessories Batteries, eye cups, power grips, straps, eyepiece magnifiers, cables, remotes and much more.

Old 4th September 2009

Liked 115 Times in 60 Posts
Bags etc

I suppose many of us are still looking for the 'right' bag to carry our gear... I had sorted it with my laptop and a camera and many lenses but now I have gone and got a netbook!
So any body any ideas for a bag to carry an e400 and an 11-22 and an other lens and a net book?
Old 4th September 2009
Senior Pixelmonger

Thanked 1,118 Times in 917 Posts
Liked 750 Times in 497 Posts
Re: Bags etc

How about one of the Billingham Hadley range? Not cheap, but will last for ever, and look good but unobtrusive.

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, Olympus E-1 + Olympus and Bronica film

My Flickr site
Old 4th September 2009

Liked 53 Times in 42 Posts

e400 + 11-22 + 'one other lens????' is hardle a demand on most bags - it's the netbook and whether it's always with you in the bag that will matter.

If you want a go anywhere/always with you set up then I agree with Stephen.

Overall I don't think there is a single solution - I use either a Slingshot AW300, MinitrekkerAW or Nova4AW depending on as much where and how I envisage using my gear as what I am choosing to carry. (no netbook)
Old 27th October 2009
donmcmahan

I have a small shoulder bag that holds my camera with a lens mounted and two additional lenses, I have lens cases for additional lenses beyond the two and a dedicated case for my computer and and a case for my tripod and an ordinary backpack that all of these various separately cased bits and pieces will fit into, best solution for me, your results may vary
Old 27th October 2009

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I know it isn't exactly what you're looking for, but I use an ordinary backpack for my camera, and use padded inserts for the lenses.

I don't know how big your netbook is, but have you thought of looking at laptop backpacks that you could also put your camera and lenses in, instead of looking for a camera bag that would hold a laptop/netbook? Many of them have well padded sections for the computer with a fair amount of space for other things.