Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Site news and information > E-System User Group goodies

E-System User Group goodies From time to time we can offer our registered users unique offers - find out what's available here.

Old 8th January 2008

Liked 804 Times in 303 Posts
Oly bags

Anyone got their Oly bag yet?
Dave.
Old 8th January 2008
PeterD

Re: Oly bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper View Post
Anyone got their Oly bag yet?
Dave.
Dave

I/We wish

Nice of you to start a thread for this though You never know it may encourage things to happen

Kind regards

PeterD
Old 8th January 2008

Liked 783 Times in 366 Posts

Peter

I can hear the boat from China as we speak

But....

Dave you will be first to know when DHL come for a call.

I hope it has got a special place to put my 12-60. I have several in mind

Peter
Old 8th January 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Angry Re: Oly bags

No bag. I'm still waiting on my HLD4 having made my original claim on the 28/11/07. I've emailed Olympus to ask what is going on but as you would expect I've had no reply. It amazes me the way Olympus appear to be determined to lose our good will.

Ian C.

Last edited by ianc; 8th January 2008 at 03:50 PM.
Old 8th January 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianc View Post
No bag. I'm still waiting on my HLD4 having made my original claim on the 28/11/07. I've emailed Olympus to ask what is going on but as you would expect I've had no reply. It amazes me the way Olympus appear to be determined to lose our good will.

Ian C.
Must say that I am dissapointed with Oly service, it really stinks.
Dave.
Old 8th January 2008
E-P1 fan

After the 9 page battle to uphold Oly honour on another forum thread (now locked) it is very silly of Oly to shoot itself in the foot with people who are well disposed to be ambassadors for the company, it's products and its services.
Old 8th January 2008

Liked 170 Times in 87 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to Melaka

The offer of a bag and an HLD4 subject to jumping through some not very onerous hoops was a good marketing ploy. I doubt I'm the only member of this forum who timed his purchase because of the goodies on offer. I got the HLD4 in just under twenty eight days which is probably on the outer side of what was reasonable. I'm still waiting for the bag after nearly seven weeks.

If you do get the HLD4 and want the GS3 grip to go with it there doesn't seem to be any retailer in the UK, accessible via Google, who stocks them. My daughter in the USA has ordered one from Amazon (they won't ship direct to the UK) and I hope to get it within a few days. There are also question marks over the batteries it will take. We know from Ian that ordinary AAs don't work (they should) and we await the results of his test with Lithiums. We know also that rechargeables and CR123As don't work either, although it isn't explicitly stated that they should. In short, some aspects of the HLD4 are disappointing.

It's also interesting that there has been much discussion of focussing problems which may have led to the recent firmware update to the 12-60. One might have thought that someone from Olympus could have posted a notice about that on the forum instead of waiting for a member to find out, presumably from the web site.

We're all enthusiastic E series users, but we don't have to be. I would have expected Olympus to try rather harder with a bunch of folk who are clearly on their side. They've not done the course on how to keep their friends.
Old 8th January 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Much depends on our individual idea of 'acceptable'. I can't say for sure how long it took my Grip to arrive as I e-mailed the relevant details on 2 different occasions from 2 different e-mail addresses. I'd say 28 days is well within whats reasonable but thats just my opinion based on other offers I've taken up in the past from various companies.

In addition I've only on one occassion failed to get a reply from Olympus and that was direct to the E-Club, in every other case I got a reply but you need to make sure you contact the relevant department, in the case of confirmation of receipt of offer details (grip and Backpack) I got confirmation when I asked for it.

Perhaps a part of it is that living in N.I., where almost anything I need has to be ordered from the mainland, makes me a bit more patient regarding having to wait for stuff.

I would agree that it's strange that the Backpack offer is now closed but they haven't been dispatched while the grip offer is still open and we have (most of us) recieved them by now.
Old 8th January 2008

Liked 59 Times in 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianc View Post

Ian C.
Not received my HLD-4 either Also not had any reply to an email request for an update
Old 8th January 2008
E-3 Enthusiast....:)

Liked 29 Times in 18 Posts

Well, I can say (sorry to those who are still waiting) that I submitted my forms on 11th Dec via email, and received my HLD-4 power grip on 28th December. I certainly cannot complain.

Old 8th January 2008

Liked 59 Times in 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMusicMan View Post
Well, I can say (sorry to those who are still waiting) that I submitted my forms on 11th Dec via email, and received my HLD-4 power grip on 28th December. I certainly cannot complain.
That's a good response. Alas I am a bit concerned as I sent my request earlier than that and haven't heard back yet...

Maybe they are waiting for the bags to come in stock and I will get both at the same time. Happy to wait for item to be in stock but a reply from Oly to my query would be nice rather than the silent running routine of a cold war submarine.

Last edited by Invicta; 8th January 2008 at 07:12 PM.
Old 8th January 2008
E-3 Enthusiast....:)

Liked 29 Times in 18 Posts

Hi Invicta

Just in case... here's the email address I sent the details on to:

Imaging.News@olympus-europa.com

... containing all my details: Name and Address, E-3 serial number, attached jpg of receipt, address of store etc - together with a polite message and hey presto!

I haven't received my bag as of yet though, perhaps I shall send an email asking for an eta.

Hope you get your power grip soon though matey.

Old 8th January 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by R MacE View Post
Much depends on our individual idea of 'acceptable'. I can't say for sure how long it took my Grip to arrive as I e-mailed the relevant details on 2 different occasions from 2 different e-mail addresses. I'd say 28 days is well within whats reasonable but thats just my opinion based on other offers I've taken up in the past from various companies.

In addition I've only on one occassion failed to get a reply from Olympus and that was direct to the E-Club, in every other case I got a reply but you need to make sure you contact the relevant department, in the case of confirmation of receipt of offer details (grip and Backpack) I got confirmation when I asked for it.

Perhaps a part of it is that living in N.I., where almost anything I need has to be ordered from the mainland, makes me a bit more patient regarding having to wait for stuff.

I would agree that it's strange that the Backpack offer is now closed but they haven't been dispatched while the grip offer is still open and we have (most of us) recieved them by now.
Agreed,BUT, I worked in retail for a while and would have been hauled over the coals if I had responded to customers as Oly have, IE, haven't. I speak having had dealings with them re repair of my 14-54mm lens, they just do not seem to care.
Dave.
Old 8th January 2008
E-P1 fan

Having recently moved house I can tell you it's not just Oly offering abysmal service. BT are the worst followed by Royal Mail and N Power. Standards in the country are at rock bottom. Oly are just chiming in with the general air of incompetence and shallow staff training and performance that would never have been permitted a few years ago.
Old 8th January 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Angry Re: Oly bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMusicMan View Post
Hi Invicta

Just in case... here's the email address I sent the details on to:

Imaging.News@olympus-europa.com

... containing all my details: Name and Address, E-3 serial number, attached jpg of receipt, address of store etc - together with a polite message and hey presto!

I haven't received my bag as of yet though, perhaps I shall send an email asking for an eta.

Hope you get your power grip soon though matey.
I sent the same details to the same email address about 2 weeks before you but I have still to receive my grip. I know they received it because at my request they responded to my original email. The thing that annoys me is the lack of a response to my email asking what is happening. Most of my working life has involved dealing with the public and ignoring people is the number one no no. Even having an automated response email that says "we have got your email, we are busy but will get back to you eventually" lets you know something is going on. Olympus need to get their act together when it comes to customer support. The only good thing I can say is a lot of other companies are equally incompetent.

Ian C.