Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Micro Four Thirds > Olympus OM-D E-M5

Olympus OM-D E-M5 The first Micro Four Thirds camera from Olympus with an integrated Electronic Viewfinder

Old 19th March 2013

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Am I the only one

I enjoyed my visit to Focus a couple of weeks ago and after chatting and playing on the Olympus stand decided to bite the bullet and buy an OMD.
I already have a range of MFT lenses so just wanted the body. Went to cameraworld who had no body only packs left (on Monday) so placed order. I was told it should be with me in about a week. As it hadn't arrived by this morning I phoned them and was told (very apologetically) that they had no stock and that Olympus had no stock and didn't know when any would be available. They assured me as soon as know when stock will be available they will let me know. In the meantime they've had my money for 2 weeks and I'm still waiting...
Is anyone else in the same boat?
Chris
Old 19th March 2013
Senior Pixelmonger

Thanked 1,118 Times in 917 Posts
Liked 750 Times in 497 Posts
Re: Am I the only one

SRS at Watford have stock. I was in there yesterday. They are always happy to split boxes to sell a body-only.

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, Olympus E-1 + Olympus and Bronica film

My Flickr site
Old 19th March 2013

Liked 19 Times in 8 Posts

Similar story, I'm still waiting for my 75mm lens.

Martin
Old 19th March 2013
Alpha1

I bought the last one at CameraWorld at Focus!
I missed the 60mm macro and the Panny 35-100 both of which were on my shopping list though...all at very good show prices too.
Old 19th March 2013

Liked 781 Times in 364 Posts

I have to say that the way they organised themselves at the show made me think twice. It was a complete scrum and they had no stock left of anything I wanted. I thought twice about handing over my money to go on a vague waiting list.

I am nowadays very cautious after so many companies have traded right up to declaring themselves insolvent. I know I could have paid by credit card, but once I saw that they hadn't even got stock in their main warehouse I lost interest. My wife agreed when I got home.

I hope anyone waiting who put in an order does eventually get their bargain. It must be a worry.

I fail to see the business logic in what they did - surely once they are not at a show their costs and overheads must be back to normal? I would even imagine the costs have increased now as a result of the extra calls and ordering issues?

Glad my business is not retail.

For Chris and Martin I hope it is OK.

You can see some of my things on Flickr
Old 19th March 2013
Alpha1

I visited Focus on the Monday after the week-end which was when they sold most of their popular mFT stock. I didn't place advance orders at their booth either, mainly as their prices were not competitive once the show "bargains" had gone.
Old 19th March 2013

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks to you all for your comments.
Update: my contact with Olympus revealed that their UK stock levels are fine and they advised me to get back in touch with "my supplier" for further information. A telephone call just now revealed my body is in transit and I should have an email in the morning advising a delivery time. Phew!
I'm allowing myself to get just a little bit excited now...
Thanks again, Chris.

Tags
cameraworld, focus on imaging, omd