Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Site news and information > Announcements

Announcements E-System news releases.

Old 27th November 2013

Liked 292 Times in 150 Posts
Re: OM-D E-M1 Accessory cashback promotion

With all the offers that Olympus suddenly spring on people that come with so many caveats that many of us miss the option to benefit from them (pre registration only / valid from / to dates, ambiguous info from Olympus & retaialers) I for one am feeling a a tad irritated.

The EM1 is an expensive camera and I can see why they "encourage" people to buy it through offering sweeteners but come on guys, make them realistic, achieveable and open to all EM1 purchasers - your greatest form of advertising is word of mouth from happy usesr many of whom appear to be feeling left out from the offers.

It is only because the retailer (official Olympus dealer) got on to their rep that I am getting the battery grip as part of the promotion I was entitled to (well, they are delayed and may not be in this side of Christmas - same as the black 17mm I get free with the EPL5).

I am not so much worried about the delay in receiving the items, more frustrated at Olympus making great sounding offers with caveats that penalise early adopters!