Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > The lounge

The lounge Relax, take a break from photo and camera talk - have a chat about something else for a change. Just keep it clean and polite!

Old 19th March 2017

Liked 1,466 Times in 830 Posts
Chuck Berry

Chuck Berry has been the hero of both professional and aspirational guitarists and Rock and roll singers since the 1950s.

Recently, I have been reading the book "Long Distance Information" about the dates, details and personnel of his recordings. I had put the book aside for some weeks but felt I wanted to read more of it yesterday evening. I had reached the pages of his best known and most covered songs. This morning I learned that Chuck had died at the age of 90.

Last year, on his 90th birthday, he announced that he was going to release another album this year.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...st-in-38-years

I wonder if it is complete.

Harold
OM USer (19th March 2017)
The Following Users Liked This Post:
benvendetta (19th March 2017), Olybirder (19th March 2017)
Old 19th March 2017

Liked 1,797 Times in 623 Posts
Re: Chuck Berry

From what I have heard on the radio this morning it sounds extremely likely that the new album will be released. I have heard a lot of Chuck Berry tracks being played this morning and the sheer energy in them is wonderful. It is sad to hear of his death but 90 is a very good innings, especially in his line of business, and he has left a great legacy of work for us to enjoy.

There was a superb three part series entitled 'Rock 'n' Roll America' on BBC4 recently and it featured some excellent archive footage of Rock and Roll greats such as Jerry Lee Lewis, Little Richard and, of course, Chuck Berry. I believe it is still available on iPlayer and is well worth seeking out if your are a fan of the music and haven't seen it.

Ron
Old 19th March 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olybirder View Post
From what I have heard on the radio this morning it sounds extremely likely that the new album will be released. I have heard a lot of Chuck Berry tracks being played this morning and the sheer energy in them is wonderful. It is sad to hear of his death but 90 is a very good innings, especially in his line of business, and he has left a great legacy of work for us to enjoy.

There was a superb three part series entitled 'Rock 'n' Roll America' on BBC4 recently and it featured some excellent archive footage of Rock and Roll greats such as Jerry Lee Lewis, Little Richard and, of course, Chuck Berry. I believe it is still available on iPlayer and is well worth seeking out if your are a fan of the music and haven't seen it.

Ron
Look out for a recording of the rehearsal of a TV show with Rocking Horse backing him.

I went to a Berry live performance when he was 80. No Duck Walk but, otherwise, the music was just the same.

You might like to look for BBC "Guitar Heroes" on which Dick Dale demonstrates a guitar technique all of his own.

Harold
Old 19th March 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Gough View Post
You might like to look for BBC "Guitar Heroes" on which Dick Dale demonstrates a guitar technique all of his own.
The correct title is "It's Only Rock and Roll" and it is repeated this Friday at 11pm on BBC4

Harold