Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Foto Fair

Foto Fair Post your photos for friendly, non-critical feedback. This is the place to show pictures if you aren't yet ready for full-blooded critique, or simply want to share an interesting picture with other e-group visitors.

Old 12th June 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My new Bigma

Imagine sitting behind a desk all day trying to get on with your work when you know as soon as you finish work you have to rush to the post office to pick up your newly purchased Bigma then rush home, unpack the lens, stick it on the camera, change clothes and rush out again before the light fails. Well that's what I have had to suffer all day
I did manage to get out just before the light failed and managed to get off a few shots - the very first one with my new baby was taken @ 18:54:50 - the exif lies as the camera has not been adjusted for BST.
So if anyone is interested the next post not only includes my very first pic with the Bigma (a flower) but also my very fist bird pic with the Bigma which is what I bought it for.
All the shots are handheld (thank god for inbody IS) @ ISO 400 and are full frame except for the last which is a crop - exif is intact.
Old 12th June 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bigma pics

1/1000s f/6.3 at 500mm iso400

1/800s f/7.1 at 363mm iso400

1/60s f/8.0 at 228mm iso400

1/200s f/10.0 at 500mm iso400

1/200s f/10.0 at 500mm iso400

One observation - the lens/camera (E-510) combo seems a lot heavier in the field than it did in the shop. Although I don't have too much of a problem hand-holding the beast after my arm was knackered after about an hour - so if there are any skinny wimps out there who are thinking of getting a Bigma - get to the gym first or invest in a strong monopod
Old 13th June 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Bigma pics

Nice shots Good examples of the possibilities with that lens, and an unusual sight you cantured with the bulls.
Definately true about the weight. It certainly pays to find branches etc to lean on when you can!
All the best,
Phil
Old 13th June 2008

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Re: My new Bigma

Shows the effectiveness of the in body IS that you managed to get as sharp a bird shot at 1/200th and 500m as the one you have here.

I like the cow's nose by the way!

Nick
Old 13th June 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who's_E View Post
Shows the effectiveness of the in body IS that you managed to get as sharp a bird shot at 1/200th and 500m as the one you have here.
Yep - I'd like to say that I meant to take it at 1/200 f/10 but actually I was caught on the hop - I was about to take a pic of a inanimate object and could brace myself so I'd stopped down to increase depth of field - of course sods law says thats when the birds come to have their piccy taken So there wasn't any time to adust the exposure just to point, zoom and shoot - I fired 10 shots and although none are pin sharp 8 are very acceptable.

I hear the Bigma is also a favourite with Canon & Nikon users - I bet they'd like it more if their cams had inbuilt IS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who's_E View Post
I like the cow's nose by the way!
Thanks - looks a bit like yours (avatar that is)
Old 14th June 2008

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

nice shots, i think i will have to start saving!!1
Old 17th June 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Some really nice stuff here. I particularly like the cows nose and the bird images. Very sharp and good composition.