Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Dealers' Den

Dealers' Den The idea of this board is to provide a link between e-group members and Olympus UK dealers.

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Liked 84 Times in 50 Posts
Re: E-M1 ii & 12-40 for 850

Just give it up and walk away, so obviously a scam.
What exactly is a set camera and lens?
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Liked 144 Times in 98 Posts

Not everyone's first language is English. I think he/she means they were sold as a set, or kit.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Do you really think this is genuine?
If so you must be the only one who does
Old 4 Weeks Ago

No. Not since he asked for payment in a non-standard way. But I don't think his use of "set" instead of "kit" is very relevant.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobEW View Post
No. Not since he asked for payment in a non-standard way. But I don't think his use of "set" instead of "kit" is very relevant.
Dont you think someone selling high end gear might be able to string a few words together about it.
Have you ever heard it called a set before?

Just a good old scam playing on greed, amazed anyone would even consider it
Old 4 Weeks Ago

The plot thickens. He cancelled the original sale when I refused to pay through an alternative route, and has relisted with a price of 2000 or best offer, and messaged me to say that the new listing has the correct paypal, and is listed initially at an unenticingly high price so I have an opportunity to offer 850 which he will accept. This sounds even more dodgy, but - given the eBay protections - I can't see the loophole now. He's no longer offering click and collect. Wondering if the next scam in his armoury is some kind of delivery dispute.

I've never had problems on eBay before and have bought all manner of stuff (not just photographic), but this is making me very wary. (Though not the poor English; I'm comfortable with that). I've also bought a couple of things on this forum with no problems.

I realise this is no longer very relevant to Dealers Den, and arguably off topic for the whole forum, and - if thread titles could be changed - should now say something like "EBay scams".
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Thanked 1,178 Times in 882 Posts
Liked 5,641 Times in 1,818 Posts

Some people just aren't trustworthy and it's best avoiding them. Maybe you'll miss the occasional good deal, but frankly the pain of dealing with ar$eholes makes paying a little more worth it.

I sold some headlights recently on eBay and got confused about who had paid so ended up sending one to a guy who hadn't. It took me over a month to get paid and I had to resort to sending copies of the listing, the eBay order and delivery confirmation to his address by registered post and a threat to go to the police if he still refused to pay.

Whatever happened to honour?
Portfolio Site
Instagram
The Following User Liked This Post:
RobEW (4 Weeks Ago)
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobEW View Post
The plot thickens. He cancelled the original sale when I refused to pay through an alternative route, and has relisted with a price of 2000 or best offer, and messaged me to say that the new listing has the correct paypal, and is listed initially at an unenticingly high price so I have an opportunity to offer 850 which he will accept. This sounds even more dodgy, but - given the eBay protections - I can't see the loophole now. He's no longer offering click and collect. Wondering if the next scam in his armoury is some kind of delivery dispute.

I've never had problems on eBay before and have bought all manner of stuff (not just photographic), but this is making me very wary. (Though not the poor English; I'm comfortable with that). I've also bought a couple of things on this forum with no problems.

I realise this is no longer very relevant to Dealers Den, and arguably off topic for the whole forum, and - if thread titles could be changed - should now say something like "EBay scams".
Probably send a bag of rice or something of similar size and weight.
It would likely get signed for without being opened and would dispute any claim of you not receiving the camera.
Hard to prove otherwise and there goes your money