Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Site news and information > E-System User Group goodies

E-System User Group goodies From time to time we can offer our registered users unique offers - find out what's available here.

Old 7th March 2013

Liked 63 Times in 31 Posts
Current OMD offer

Does anybody know if the current OMD offer is likely to be extended? I have a friend, Canon user, who is considering purchasing an OMD and likes the idea of the offer but may need a bit more time to make up his mind.
Old 7th March 2013

Liked 295 Times in 147 Posts
Re: Current OMD offer

He who hesitates is lost!

Tom

Its not what you see, it's the way that you see it"

Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/photofxstudios
Old 7th March 2013

Thanked 1,024 Times in 854 Posts
Liked 797 Times in 466 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirley View Post
Does anybody know if the current OMD offer is likely to be extended? I have a friend, Canon user, who is considering purchasing an OMD and likes the idea of the offer but may need a bit more time to make up his mind.
How much time does he need to make up his mind?
Try showing him some of Seonnaidh's recent posts about visitors who saw his photographs and camera and wanted one next day etc.

The current offer runs until 31st March. See here.http://olympusuk.sales-promotions.com/

It has already been extended once I think, so who knows.

Regards.

she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.
Old 7th March 2013

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterBirder View Post
Try showing him some of Seonnaidh's recent posts about visitors who saw his photographs and camera and wanted one next day etc.
That's like saying show someone Nadal playing tennis wearing Adidas trainers and them thinking buying the same trainers will help them play well too

My FLICKR
Old 7th March 2013
Administrator

Thanked 3,063 Times in 2,381 Posts
Liked 4,266 Times in 2,009 Posts

I'm sure he has seen some of Shirley's pictures, which should be proof enough of what the camera can produce in the right hands, but if he is an experienced photographer he will realize that the camera alone won't make his pictures like hers!

No doubt he is weighing up the pros and cons in terms of handling, available lenses and accessories and cost - switching systems is a big decision! Hopefully he will have time to make up his mind before the current offer ends and we might see him soon on this forum!

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
Old 7th March 2013

Liked 63 Times in 31 Posts

LOL. He knows my work very well!

I doubt he will buy Olympus, he has tried using my OMD but is put off by the viewfinder and of course he already has a set of Canon lenses so would need to buy new m43rds lenses. I suggested we had a photo day, we do that several times a year, and he could spend the day using my OMD, but that would not be possible until April at the earliest hence the original question.
Old 7th August 2013

Liked 292 Times in 150 Posts

By now he is probably waiting to see what / if Olympus live up to the rumours and launch a new OMD in Sep.

Interesteing times ahead for all and a new OMD (if as rumoured with capability for 4/3rd as well as Mu43 lenses without adaptor, and faster shutter / flash speeds coupled with other upgrades yet to be released - all in a package priced sensibly) could well create a brace of good condition used OMD's hitting the market place so a good time to buy.
Old 7th August 2013
Administrator

Thanked 3,063 Times in 2,381 Posts
Liked 4,266 Times in 2,009 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iansky View Post
By now he is probably waiting to see what / if Olympus live up to the rumours and launch a new OMD in Sep.

Interesteing times ahead for all and a new OMD (if as rumoured with capability for 4/3rd as well as Mu43 lenses without adaptor, and faster shutter / flash speeds coupled with other upgrades yet to be released - all in a package priced sensibly) could well create a brace of good condition used OMD's hitting the market place so a good time to buy.
Yes, the new camera will be of no direct interest to me (not on my pension) but it will eventually mean that a replacement used E-M5 will become more affordable should mine meet with any mishap.

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zuiko For This Useful Post:
Iansky (7th August 2013), Pierre L (7th August 2013)
Old 2nd November 2013

Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts

I think the EM5 lens offer is still valid, but the grip offer for the EM1 has expired now.. just missed it