Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Photo challenges

Photo challenges Meet the challenge of posting your photos in fun competitions set by e-group users, or set one yourself!

Old 31st August 2010

Liked 63 Times in 31 Posts
33rd Challenge - The Start

33rd Photo Challenge - "The Start"

As always any interpretation allowed, the beginning of the school year may yield some ideas, along with celebrations, weddings, births, start of a race, the start of a new season etc

I hope you enjoy the challenge, I look forward to seeing your pics.

Shirley Hollis

How To Enter:

-Max of 800 pixels wide or high
-Up to 512Kbytes
-EXIF intact please
-Taken by you on an E-series camera between Wednesday 1st September 2010 and midnight on Friday 24th September 2010 inclusive.
-Please include your name, your forum moniker and a title for the picture.

Full rules:

1. Photos should be taken (dated in EXIF) between Wednesday 1st September 2010 and midnight on Friday 24th September 2010 inclusive and sent in during that period. Photos will be posted in the gallery as soon as possible after that.

We will vote during the following week, voting to be completed by midnight on Friday 1st October. The results will be announced on Saturday 2nd October 2010.

2. You must be the photographer who created the picture in order to enter the challenge, and all entries must be visibly anonymous and should be sent to the challenge organiser. You must indicate (a) your real name, (b) your e-group forum name and (c) a title for your photo, in the email. Any entries that are not clearly identifiable and verifiable won't be entered into the challenge.

3. Entries to the challenge :-

Should contain no watermarks, distinguishing effects and no borders
Must be jpg format and no more than 800 pixels on the longest edge
Must have been taken on an Olympus E-Series camera
Must have all EXIF data included for the organiser to verify.
Max file size to suit the gallery here is 512kb.

4. You need to be registered on e-group.uk.net forums to qualify for entry into the challenge. The organiser may also enter the challenge (the entries are anonymous and the organiser is trusted to record votes accurately).

5. Only one entry permitted per challenge please. But if you want to withdraw an entry or replace it with another that's OK, you must make it clear in an email to the challenge organiser before the closing date, also ensure the email contains clear instructions and (if required) your replacement picture.

6. Voting on the challenge:-

Any registered member of the e-group forum may vote, including those who submit entries.
Those who submit entries may vote for their own photo but are expected to allot their choices fairly on perceived merit.
Voters should list their three choices in order of preference, by display number and title to avoid confusion.
Points will be allotted as follows: three to first choice, two to second choice, one to third choice.

Please email me with the image attached at shirleymhollis@yahoo.co.uk and please include the words “Olympus Challenge” in the title line

PS Admin – please make this into a sticky.
Old 5th September 2010

Re: 33rd Challenge - The Start - UPDATE

Hi Folks,
One week over and only two entries!!
To those following Nick's thread on motivation to get out shooting, how about using the challenge as a "start" ...ing point (pun intended!)
A few more ideas to get your creative juices running,
Start of the day
Start of a meal
Start of a book
Start of a relationship/friendship
Start of a life
Start of a job...outside or inside the home
Start of a painting etc etc etc
I look forward to being inundated over the next two weeks. I will attempt to acknowledge your entries, so if you do not get an email from me within a couple of days of sending your image do contact me.
Thanks
Shirley
Old 12th September 2010
pepper

Re: 33rd Challenge - The Start

This hasn't been stickified which may not be helping people notice it. If Ian's back from his hols or if there is any admin around could they get this stickied please and linked to on the main page, as at the moment its going back to the 32nd challenge!
Old 12th September 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper View Post
This hasn't been stickified which may not be helping people notice it. If Ian's back from his hols or if there is any admin around could they get this stickied please and linked to on the main page, as at the moment its going back to the 32nd challenge!
Good point Pepper,
Thank you
Old 23rd September 2010

Hi Folks,

Well we have a competition with 10 entries so far, thank you to those who have submitted, there certainly are some innovative interpretations of the theme.

If you haven't entered yet, there is one day left to get yours in. I will be uploading to images on Saturday for judging and will accept any that are dated before midnight on Friday.

I look forward to an influx in the next 24hrs

Shirley
Old 23rd September 2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ehm... simple question please, but where are the pictures? I'd like to see them....
Old 23rd September 2010
E-3 Enthusiast....:)

Liked 30 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
Ehm... simple question please, but where are the pictures? I'd like to see them....
Hehe, I am sure you would... but none of the images are posted until the closing date which in this case is 24th Sept.

The images will then be posted anonymously so you won't know whose images they are. You can then vote on your choice.

Old 23rd September 2010

Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts

Back in the UK tonight

So may have tme tomorrow to start something!! (if the wife the wife doesn't have to many jobs planned)

Dave
Old 23rd September 2010
pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMusicMan View Post
Hehe, I am sure you would... but none of the images are posted until the closing date which in this case is 24th Sept.

The images will then be posted anonymously so you won't know whose images they are. You can then vote on your choice.

I like it this way and its the only challenge that I have been entering, I rckon not knowing who has posted up the images makes it much fairer and you don't get the back slapping you tend to see on other forums.
Old 24th September 2010
Karen C

I am assuming that there is someone who makes sure that you don't vote for your own photo?
Old 24th September 2010

Hi karen,
All votes come to me so I make sure that things are in accordance with the rules, however you are allowed to vote for your own photograph.

The rules state
"Those who submit entries may vote for their own photo but are expected to allot their choices fairly on perceived merit"

Hope this clarifies things for you.

Voting will start tomorrow.
Shirley
Old 24th September 2010
E-3 Enthusiast....:)

Liked 30 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen C View Post
I am assuming that there is someone who makes sure that you don't vote for your own photo?
You can vote for your own photograph if you feel it is of merit. We're all adults

Old 24th September 2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Suppose I'm allowed to vote, where do I find the pictures?
Old 24th September 2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Shirley will produce a new thread tomorrow with all the entries in and the rules for voting. Have a look in the Photo Challenges section of the forum to see similar threads from previous months. The photos do not get posted until after the deadline tonight, unlike other forums where entries are posted by the entrants themselves.

Olympus E-30 | Falcon 8mm fisheye | 8mm fisheye | 12-60mm | 25mm f/2.8 pancake | 40-150mm | 50-200mm | 70-300mm | Tamron 135mm f/2.5 | EX-25 | FL-36R | YN460 & YN460-II | B&W ND110 | Lightroom 2.7 | Photoshop CS3
flickr - Photo52 2011
My Photo52 2011 Thread on TP
Old 24th September 2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Gethin View Post
Shirley will produce a new thread tomorrow with all the entries in and the rules for voting. Have a look in the Photo Challenges section of the forum to see similar threads from previous months. The photos do not get posted until after the deadline tonight, unlike other forums where entries are posted by the entrants themselves.
OK. Thanks.