Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Accessory talk > Flash

Flash FL-related discussions can be found here.

Old 15th July 2017

Liked 686 Times in 278 Posts
E-M 1 Mkii and flash...

Thought I'd sit down ad sort out how best to use flash, as the progress to date has been very mixed and mainly guesswork.

So I fit my FL600R to the top of the camera and set it to A (for Auto) and go to the camera expecting to be able to use the manual control of the flash - it's greyed out...

So I've run through all the flash modes and cannot see the option for manual control of the flash, I've tried it in M A S and P - I can only get Fill-in, slow, slow 2, red eye reduction. The other options, slow redeye and full are greyed out...

So I haven't even got past the starting post!

Anyone got any clues where to start?

Some Olympus stuff
I didn't get where I am today...
Old 15th July 2017

Liked 686 Times in 278 Posts
Re: E-M 1 Mkii and flash...

Reading the manuals have simply confused me:

I have resorted to setting the camera back to RC and the flash gun(s) to RC as this allows me to revert to the little submenu to set the output of each flash (for one or more) so I'll have a play with this and try and understand what I'm doing!

I need to read up on guide numbers and settings - as it's not something I've done since school!

Some Olympus stuff
I didn't get where I am today...
Old 16th July 2017

Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts
Re: E-M 1 Mkii and flash...

Had very similar experience and discovered the flash wasn't fully seated forwards, in the hotshoe ! Was attaching flash carefully, pushing it forwards and it stops and locks ok. Flash fired, many funtions worked and several didn't ! Lot of head scratching before I realised what was happening

Mark