Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Accessory talk

Accessory talk Those important extra system components.

Old 23rd June 2012

Liked 115 Times in 69 Posts
Neoprene wrap cases

I have a horrible habit of just stuffing my camera in my bag. I believe this was what eventually led to the demise of my old P&S, even though it was uses with a case. Alas I haven't learnt and still want to take my camera with me everywhere. Since getting the 14-42 I am shoving it and the e410 onto my bag wrapped in a microfiber and panicking every time something goes anywhere near my rucksack.

Has anyone got any experience of something like the Crumpler banana hammock? Both in terms of performance and which size would be a good fit? I'm presuming small would suffice.
Old 24th June 2012

Liked 54 Times in 45 Posts
Re: Neoprene wrap cases

I use a couple of tough and well padded photo kit wraps to protect the heads of my underwater strobe units. Those are too large to go in hand luggage and have to be checked in. IMO, the wraps would be ideal for you but I cannot recall where I bought them.
Old 26th June 2012

Thanks Loup - somehow missed your reply I'll have a look around and see
Old 27th June 2012

So, I've asked a question as to whether the seamless case has any pockets - a real missed opportunity if it doesn't. Its something the Crumpler does have but I really don't like the idea of paying an extra 15+P&P just for a pocket and retaining strap. Perhaps the seamless is purely a means of transport.

On the other hand I know from my wetsuit that neoprene and velcro aren't a good combo. As soon as the velcro grabs hold it'll just start to make the neoprene fuzzy and a bit thin, probably nothing more than a cosmetic issue, but after forking out I don't want it to be ruined on the first outing.

I guess its waiting to hear back and then just making a decision.

On a side note, Seamless do have a few interesting things on their site for what appear on the outset to be good prices and offer free postage.