Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Micro Four Thirds

Micro Four Thirds Discuss the newly announced Micro Four Thirds addition to the Four Thirds system family here.

Old 25th February 2009

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
e620

What's with olympus announcing another somewhere in between camera??

http://www.olympus.co.uk/corporate/1696_3135.htm
Old 25th February 2009

Liked 610 Times in 322 Posts
Re: e620

It's more like an improved E-420.

All my garbage so far.
Old 25th February 2009

Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts

Horses for couarses

I think they cater for different markets and needs

I can imaging the next pro model moving away a bit more from the E30 and m4/3 replacing the 4xx with possibly a new 5xx based on the 6xx but no swivel screen - I think that would give a nice spread. All that would be missing then is a sensible priced weatherproof midrange body, a 6 series tough!

I do think the new 620 ticks a lot of boxes though and the overal chat and buzz on the web is very positive which is great

Dave
Old 25th February 2009
Makonde

Looks good to me (as a 520 owner) and at the price point I think Oly have got their development spot on.

I'd see the plan as rolling up the earlier E4** and 5** into this product, maximising the features of both that have proven popular plus some from the E30. Moving towards Micro 4/3 for anything smaller. Working on a new flagship that will probably come in much more expensive than the E3, and which they have to get right (if it is to be a worthy flagship)

Makes sense to me.
Old 25th February 2009

Liked 53 Times in 42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makonde View Post
Looks good to me (as a 520 owner) and at the price point I think Oly have got their development spot on.

I'd see the plan as rolling up the earlier E4** and 5** into this product, maximising the features of both that have proven popular plus some from the E30. Moving towards Micro 4/3 for anything smaller. Working on a new flagship that will probably come in much more expensive than the E3, and which they have to get right (if it is to be a worthy flagship)

Makes sense to me.
Me too

The use of the BLS suggests they may retain the 4xx fixed screen 10mp for some time and price really tight as entry level with an obvious upgrade path to 6xx.

The 30 and 3 sharing a lot of accessories as another pairing. Clear blue water yet to be created between the 30 and x...
Old 25th February 2009

Liked 337 Times in 227 Posts

I was lucky enough to play with it at Focus on Tuesday and it has cherry-picked most of the best bits fom all the currently available Olympus dSLR bodies.
I reckon that it is what many people have been looking for in a small dSLR.

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge
Old 25th February 2009

Liked 50 Times in 27 Posts
Smile Re: e620

I wish I had kept my E-1 Such a simple and well made camera and the 5mps was/is all that is needed, the rest is up to the guy behind the camera.

Just the rant of an "Olde" Man!!