Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Motion pictures - video and animation > Movie mode - technical discussions

Movie mode - technical discussions Still imaging is complicated enough but for most of us video and movie making is a whole new world to get to grips with - here is the place to request help and advice and to post it too.

Old 3rd May 2019

Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Using OM-D E1mkii with LS100

I am attempting to use the Olympus LS100 digital audio recorder with the M1Mkii. For connection a very clunky USB miniB to USB A connector is provided. You then use your own USB A to USB C lead to interface to the camera. This work well, with the video and audio tracks easily joined in Photoshop and the results are excellent.
HOWEVER with very little use the clunky adaptor is already starting to bend and no doubt will soon fail. It also could easily damage the LS100 socket. I thought a USB mini B to USB C lead would solve the problem but this does not work! I guess that there must be a gender reversal issue. Has anyone found a solution please?

Many thanks

Ian
Old 3rd May 2019

Liked 3,697 Times in 1,381 Posts
Re: Using OM-D E1mkii with LS100

Old 8th May 2019

Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Re: Using OM-D E1mkii with LS100

Many thanks for this link which has some useful ideas. However, sadly,still not a neat connection into the camera. I am going to have to work out the connections and solder up a lead!

Ian